Language of Letting Go- Feb. 21 - Living In The Present

Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go- Feb. 21 - Living In The Present

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Living in the Present

The present moment is all we have. Yes, we have plans and goals, a vision for tomorrow. But now is the only time we possess. And it is enough.

We can clear our mind of the residue of yesterday. We can clear our mind of fears of tomorrow. We can be present, now. We can make ourselves available to this moment, this day. It is by being fully present now that we reach the fullness of tomorrow.

Have no fear, child, a voice whispers. Have no regrets. Relinquish your resentments. Let Me take your pain. All you have is the present moment. Be still. Be here Trust.

All you have is now. It is enough.

Today, I will affirm that all is well around me, when all is well within.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I rarely revisit the past anymore, I've done my mourning, worked out my regrets, and moved on. That took work and healing and a process called recovery that let me put the demons of yesterday to rest.

I plan for tomorrow, but I live in today. I don't worry anymore about what tomorrow may bring because I believe that I will be led to wherever I am supposed to go.

Living in today is to enjoy the journey of life...and what a wonderful journey it is for a recovering codie like me.

Hugs
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Trying to stay in today, praying that God would be in all of this day guiding and directing my steps, and doing the work in me that He does so well. His will be done .
Old 02-22-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reading and your share. I'm just new to all this and still trying to get my head round developing a programme, I'm still on step 1 as a codie and I'm basing it on people, places and things. Anyways I find it much better and more freeing when I stop projecting and worrying about the future and keep it in the day, and really appreciating the simple things like enjoying a cup of tea, a bowl of soup and the peace that silence brings. As I said it's early days and I still at times suffer from the spiritual malady but hopefully with practice and time I can feel more content internally and at ease living in the present day.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

"Worrying about tomorrow will not change the outcome". I was told this early in recovery and believe it today. I wasted so much time worrying about "what if" and "woulda, coulda shoulda".

Today I do my part and let God lead the way. Most days I just show up and let life happen...it always does