Update after 8 months

Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update after 8 months

Hi, everyone. My story of living with a narcisstic alcoholic is almost over. Look at some of my other posts, if you want to get a certain faint flavor of what I went through. (Exact status: filed for divorce, waiting out the 60 days in MI, Moved out 8 months ago.)

I'm curious though. I have almost no feelings for my soon to be X. She's a walking disaster area, but I don't feel pity, anger or any emotions toward her. I am eager to get on with my life, and the last few things I have to deal with are more frustrations than anything else. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Its actually somewhat exciting.

Redd
Old 02-20-2010, 10:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't had a similar experience. It's just nice to read that you're looking forward to a healthy future. It is exciting! Congratulations.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations Reddmax!!! I am also finalizing my divorce from my AW also. It's been a long 5 years. I currently have sole custody of our 4 girls, but my AW is going to fight me in court for joint custody. I've had enough because she drinks then drives with the girls in the car - she's had a car accident with them and been to jail, but that wasn't enough to convince her. I continue to go through a cycle of emotions - compassion for my AW's illness, but no desire to ever be with her again; I'm grieving over the loss of what I thought our life was going to be, and fear of how will I keep it all together as I try to manage a demanding job, and raise 4 girls with an AW pushing buttons all the time.

Through alanon, I'm learning to look at the possibilities in my life, not at the dreams that are gone. To not worry about tomorrow, but life today to its fullest. If we did not have our children, I think I would be solely jumping for joy to be out of this crazy situation.

Congratulations again!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

childrenb4aw - I just wanted to say that I think it is incredible that you are steppipng up and caring for your 4 daughters. I will have 6 children alone if things go the way they are looking like they will.....and I know how challenging and kinda scary that can be.....and I just wanted to say good for you. My ah has also driven my children after drinking - thank god nothing happned!