Off topic- have had wonderful moments - feeling grateful

Old 02-19-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool Off topic- have had wonderful moments - feeling grateful

Well with BF its almost been 10 months. A little while ago, I was already leaving for something he did that was clearly disrespectful. He cried and told me I am his family now and to give him one last chance. I stood by my boundaries and told him I was the one saying I would leave, but he was the one doing stuff that separated us and he knew it. So.... making it short after a long talk I decided to stay and we have been very very happy since that boundary is respected. (Thanks anvil and everyone who discusses boundaries!).

By now he knows I'm not afraid to move (lol by now they give me a discount) or to live alone. And that my feelings are not a joke.

My DM (dear mom) came to visit me last weekend. We watched "memoirs of a geisha" and "mamma mia!". We walked on a park. We cooked breakfast for BF. We went to a Chinese new year ceremony with my girl friend and her mom. Very nice hacienda. A coworker asked me to go with him to a VERY POSH wedding. I had lots of fun, it was a BEAUTIFUL garden.

When we first arrived we asked some coworker to join their table and he rejected us... so we walked towards a kiosk (where the newly weds were and only close family were seated) and we had a friend there and ended up seating there, not being cold and having a much better time than with the other person!

We played with the cats. We went to a posh mall and saw a tango show, and eat crepes that were.... delicious!!

BF bought me a red rose. Tonight we will go to a bar with a few selected VIP friends of mine. I LOVE that restaurant and always wanted to see the bar and the waterfall from the terrace where the bar is. And we bought tickets to see Alejandro Sanz a very very famous latin singer, in 2 weeks!

I didn't celebrate my BDAY so now I'll celebrate my NON BDAY the other 364 days of the year. Yesterday I went to my Bach flowers therapy and I am going back to mesotherapy next week.

A friend I haven't seen in 10 years is coming to town for a costume contest. She and I used to dress up then. Now, I asked her if I could join her in the contest. I am inviting BF, and other friends around here so it will be like 10 characters (we are going to dress like Xena characters!!)

I picked to be the fictional goddess Discordia:
Discordia (Los Personajes - Xena: Warrior Princess)
So now I got to lose more weight and buy hair extensions and visit a gothic shop!! I saw a mini skirt in a Zara shop, looking forward to try it

So, many things going on, I'm finally able to relax, I plan to clean my apartment this weekend, I Absolutely LOVE my dance lessons, and things look great. Just wanted to share just like God sends tough times he/she/it also sends beautiful moments and blessings, and one finds herself surrounded with beauty and love without effort... and things have meaning once again.

I hope you can also enjoy something today that reminds you of better times or gives you hope for the future.

Hugs!!

PS DM is going to Oaxaca state to try find a home. I'm soo excited she will leave my dad's home for good and finally create a new life and live in a house that is only hers and his ghost or the past's ghost is no longer there.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you - you sound like you're loving life

I think it's important to see that the tough times do pass, so thanks for sharing your happiness here on SR!

Love the idea of celebrating non-bdays - hope you had a wonderful time at the bar/restaurant tonight!