Notices

Relapsed

Old 02-18-2010, 10:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed

I have been clean for the most part (cept smoking weed) since July. I just got sick and was prescribed a codeine cough syrup because I really needed it. I have no self-control thoguh, so of course I've abused it. I'm all fuked op right now. I just really need some support from strangers right now. It's a hard road to stay clean. I never used cough srytup as it seems pretty low, but with my tendencies, I drink it just to get high. Stupid I know. Side effects are horrible but I get what I deserve.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Liberal One

welcome to SR

I recommend seeing a doctor if you're at all worried about withdrawal.

In the longer term I recommend a recovery programme, like NA, if you really want to stay clean.

The support here is great, but a lot of folks find they need that face to face support too.

And weed? I never stayed clean smoking weed - more than that, I never was clean smoking weed, in my opinion.

Just a different manifestation of my addiction, as far as I'm concerned.

D
Old 02-18-2010, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

From an addict it doesn't seem stupid to me...if i knew that tic tacs were mind or mood altering i would abuse them 2...the important thing is that your that your talking about it and seems like you want help....check out an na or aa meeting some time...it saved my life
Old 02-18-2010, 10:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Liberal One

And weed? I never stayed clean smoking weed - more than that, I never was clean smoking weed, in my opinion.Just a different manifestation of my addiction, as far as I'm concerned.

D
[/quote]

True. Used to smoke every day, and have managed to only have smoked 3 times since July, but I still cheated.

I f I could find a NA group I liked I would go. The only one I went to, I just didnt' see myself opening up to ex-convicts, etc. Looking for people more from a functional addict standpoint. I will keep looking though,.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

keep coming back
Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Excuse my whining and complaining, but my gut is going haywire at themoment. Never again.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! You CAN live without drugs, it takes effort and a lot of changes, but is so worth it. We have a substance abuse forum. Do check it out.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

why are some days so difficult to stay sober. I made two months, then fell. Hopped right back on for another 4 1/2 months and fell again. May God help me make it all the way this time.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome onedayatatime38
You'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 02-19-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Liberal One. I do not take anything with any alcohol in it. I too will not take anything with any addictive drug in whatsoever.

I never abused Codeine or any opiates but I accept that I'm a drug addict so I definately would do. I do not take any headache pills with codeine in them.

Whats more since I have been in 'recovery' I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to wish to take any drugs as it just would feel wrong and my sobriety is too precious to me.

SR is a great site and a real learning experince.

peace