Notices

Relapse

Old 02-17-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse

I dont know what to do any more?? I wanna quit but can't. I quess i am worthless... I have a MAJOR B1 def(yea gonna die if I don't quit) Confused. Anyone been 30-60 does it work? Somebody Please give me some advice, I surrender
Old 02-17-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No Expert Here

as I am just starting myself.

But, if I were you realize that you can't do this by yourself. Man - I would check in to a clinic. Get help now.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Hi #308.

I went ahead an looked at your other posts to try and see where you are. Are you going to meetings?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sev
Friend of Bill W.

Hey 308. First of all, you're here and you're among friends. I used to feel pretty worthless too. Every stinkin day was the same old insanity, which was good, because that was a reason to get obliterated. Every stinkin day. Today I don't have to do that. Today, I really like the person in the mirror instead of avoiding eye contact with her. There is hope. Personally, I found recovery in with a 12 step program and have had great success with, one day at a time. No matter what route you choose, remember this one thing....self pity and negative talk + $1.25 will get you coffee at a gas station...but that's about it. Please keep us updated on your progress. You can do this. You really can.

Best of luck.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, I dont really know anymore. No, I havent tried any meetings yet. I am afraid to because I might go and then get sh*tfaced. Just me I can never get drunk enough.............. Just some HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back 308

No-ones worthless. All it means is whatever you've tried up til now hasn't worked too well, and you need to ramp things up a notch.

What have you tried? AA? some other programme? counselling? outpatient rehab? inpatient rehab?

Let us know and maybe we can guide you to other things you haven't thought of yet

Keep posting! You can do this!
D
Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Okay 308.

You said you surrender? Go ahead and locate a meeting near your home. Do it now. Pick a day and a time. Let me know what it is.

Then come back here and tell me all your fears about going.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

308 meetings are for people who have a desire to get sober. There is no rule that says you must be sober before you go.

The important thing is that you go.............rest assured someone will come to you an you will start feeling better. Doing it alone is very difficult. Sometimes the thoughts of worthlessness come about when thet simply are not true...
Old 02-18-2010, 04:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please don't give up. No one is worthless, some of us have to try more than once before we get it right. Do check out meetings. Try something you haven't tried before to get and stay sober.

I tried and failed too many times but I'm getting good at staying sober now. Please don't give up. You CAN do this.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Thanks, I dont really know anymore. No, I havent tried any meetings yet. I am afraid to because I might go and then get sh*tfaced. Just me I can never get drunk enough.............. Just some HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
First thing for you to think about, you are already getting sh*tfaced & about to DIE, so what harm can going to a meeting do? Perhaps you would not be able to drink for a few hours if you went to a meeting!!!

308win you say you are going to die unless you stop right? You also say you surrender correct?

You are in the same spot I was in early Sept. 2006! I knew I was going to die if I kept on drinking yet I could not stop, I like you surrendered to the simple fact that I could not even get sober by myself, little lone STAY sober by myself!

I hated myself, I was hopeless both mentally & spiritually, I was lost & I finally was able to admit that I did not have a clue!!!

I called an Alcohol & Drug hotline & told them what was up, they set me up with a Dr. appointment.

Well I was beaten so badly that I was granted the Gift Of Desperation, I was willing to do what ever it took to get and stay sober!!!

I went to the Dr., I told him the entire truth about my drinking, he told me I needed to be medically detoxed, I went into detox the following Monday. In detox they told us all, that if we wanted a CHANCE at long term sobriety that we needed to go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days & get a sponsor. I was willing to do anything to stay sober so I did just as they suggested, I went to 90+ meeting in 90 days & I got a sponsor.

Did I like going to AA meetings when I first got out of detox? Yes & No, I liked the folks there, but some of them made me angry, here they were all smiling & laughing and talking about how AA had saved thier life!!! I was totally & absolutely miserable for several weeks & these people were happy & it Pi$$ed me off!!!

The ticket for me was the Gift Of Desperation, I was willing to do what ever it took to get and stay sober, these people I hated had been sober some time & knew how to stay sober, I was jealous because I did not have what they had!

These people I hated gave me suggestions, they told me what they did to stay sober, they cared about me!!! I was desperate, I started to follow thier suggestions & guess what? We ALL stayed sober together & things started to go better for me!

You say:
Somebody Please give me some advice, I surrender
I have shared with you my experience of how I got and began to stay sober, now the question is this.

Are you willing to go to any length to get & stay sober?

If the answer is an HONEST yes, then first you need to see a Dr. and tell the Dr. the WHOLE truth about your drinking. Now here is the most important thing, follow the Dr.s suggestion.

Once you are physically sober then find a LONG TERM recovery program and WORK IT! ALL of it, not just the parts that you like or look easy, WORK ALL OF IT as though your life depends upon it.......... because it does!

Myself & millions of others have found long term sobriety in AA, but if you decide to work another program go for it as though your life depends upon it!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go to a meeting, you will meet people there who have been in even worse trouble with drinking than you. You will see how they are living well and sober and they can show you how to get sober and not drink.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Just For Today

First Post...

But I just wanted to say that I was in the same boat only 7 days ago. Although I am still sick, and honestly just on the fragile VERGE of the BEGINNING of recovery, it is absolutely amazing what just 7 days will do for you. I called an AA hotline, I was picked up by a man I'd never seen and taken to a meeting. Since then I've gone to that very same meeting, among others, every single day this week. Whether I like the meetings or not is no longer a factor for me. Because what I DO know for sure is that I haven't had a drink in a week. Every single person in those rooms loves you already, and you're not even there yet...

That is what worked for me in this the very beginning of what could (and should) be my recovery. It's the longest I've been sober in 10 years. I hope it helps you too!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sev
Friend of Bill W.

Welcome Suerte! Good for you! Keep coming back...it indeed does work if you work it. I am one of many miracles from those rooms....
Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have been sober 53 days now. I white knuckled it for a week and half before I went to my first meeting. I was terrified to go in.

In my mind I had an image of a bunch of cartoonish drunken vagrants drinking coffee and smelling up the room or something. I think that was my drunk self imposing a ridiculous image in my mind to keep me from going in or something. I thought they might not accept or laugh me out like Bob Sagett did to Dave Chapelle in half baked.

When I pulled up to the church my heart was racing. I walked inside and sat down quietly. I saw coffee, I got up and poured a cup and grabbed a cookie. I sat back down and they all read off pages and I listened to a meeting. When I came in several people had shaken my hand and introduced themselves. Everyone was friendly. I put my dollar in the pot when it was passed.

Everyone was friendly, they were all cleanly and nice folks. They were understanding and accepting, and most of all they gave me hope. All my life I had seen drunks who were failing and seemed doom to die an alcoholic death. there was no hope I thought. Then I met these fine people and saw people that had gotten through worse than I had and were doing fine! I wasn't alone, I could recover through this disease.

For about 5 weeks I went 10+ meetings a week. Now I go to about 7-8 meetings a week, I had to slow down a little bit because of my school work. But once I feared it and now I look forward to AA every day and am sad i miss it on Sundays.

From one shooter to another not drinking definitely will improve your shooting. I am steadier with my AR and my 1911. But because I am an ******* and got a DUI I have to lock them up and can't touch them for a year because I am gonna be on probation, that is going to suck....Quit while you're ahead!

And think of all the ammo you can buy now with that beer money....