Great Valentine's Weekend Despite AH

Old 02-15-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great Valentine's Weekend Despite AH

AH is still blaming me for his missing the Super Bowl a week after the fact... even though it was his choice. He came to watch the boys race with their ski team. After the race, we were all waiting in the lodge for the awards. One of my sons was going to get a medal. The game was on in the lodge. Apparently, I was supposed to have read AH's mind and known that I should have told the boys we were going to skip the awards, leave the medal behind and drive the two hours home so AH could watch the end of the game from a nice comfortable couch. As it was, we skipped going out to pizza with the team because AH was in such a bad mood. Everyone else watched the game at the pizza place but that wouldn't have made Mr. Anti-social happy. We should have gone to pizza just to give him more reason to be annoyed.

Valentine's Day ski races near home. Fought with AH in house while boys were waiting in truck to go. (That's how I found out exactly what AH had been Poed about all week). It turned out to be a beautiful day. Tons of fun. Great company. As usual, AH came up later when the races started. We didn't even look at each other. After the races I bought the other coaches beer. A ritual I don't usually participate in but it had been an especially great day on the slopes and had the added bonus of keeping me fully engaged with the people who were allowed to drink and not AH. AH doesn't drink when visiting on weekends. Usually, I'm more suppportinve and hang out with him more but this weekend I really enjoyed ignoring his existance.

After the races, the boys and I ran some errands. I found myself some beautiful flowers to bring home and arranged them in a vase. Because I deserve them.

AH is still here Monday afternoon. I wonder when he's going home. But it's not worth talking to him to ask.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tivo! Dvr?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know, it's just an excuse for him to be a jerk. He had plenty of options. It's not like he didn't know in advance there was going to be a conflict.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done to your son on the medal! Thats great!.....am glad you had the best time possible despite what was going on.

And I love the buying flowers because you deserve them too - I bet they look beautiful...take care Phiz :0)