Notices

Two years ago today. . . .

Old 02-14-2010, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two years ago today. . . .

Two years ago today, after literally crawling to my bed the previous evening on my stomache where I prayed to the God of my understanding with such depth and sincerity as I had never done before, driven by the overwhelming fear that death was imminent for I had suffered under the lash of alcoholism for thirty or so years, I awoke, nothing had happened, no bright lights, angels singing, Elijah descending from heaven in a flaming chariot, I just felt ill.

Over the next few days I twice attempted to do what alcoholics do, drink each time I vomited and threw what remained down the sink, I had no desire to drink either physically or mentally. I visited doctors and alcohol counsellors seeking an explanation, I mean for goodness sake I had never said I wasn't going to drink! None was forthcoming and in my heart and my being I had to accept that I had a ,'spiritual experience' of course I wasn't exactly in a fit state to take part in an,'Iron Man' Triatholon, I tended to think that at 60 that was more by reason of age.

Nine months ago I unwittingly entered into a relationship with a woman in Boston, a long way from my home in the UK, it even included a visit with a weekend on Martha's vineyard'. To my regret the relationship didn't flourish, simply because she showed the signs and symptoms of a person suffering from,'autism' a fact on which her friends and family concurred. Also on her own admission she is obsessed with a desire for money and wealth.

Two weeks ago I declared my love for her, she naturally presumed I referred to romantic love , and promptly rejected me. Those who like me have suffered
from alcoh-ISM no only to well what alcoholics do when they are rejected, they drink with little likelehood of knowing when it will stop. I did not, my sobriety remained intact helped by the fact that the love I offered was in fact born out of compassion, patience and tolerance for others as well as myself at times, which I have learned in my sobriety and see as my great strengths.

I therefore offer this in humility and gratitude, on my second birthday to all who are involoved in SRC, in whatever role, as a simple thank you. Mike W.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on yr milestone, Michael

D
Old 06-02-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Thanks for your post... Very inspiring for me beginning month 11. Curious... What's the connection between autism and material lust; never heard that before? Hpoe all is well on your journey.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Autism and material lust.

Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder is a mental disability for which,presently there is no cure. It is categorised by appearing in people wlo have no empathy,are self absorbed with limited communication skills but who give the appearance of being able to think cognivitley, ( truth and reason) , to become a spiritual person is very difficult for them.

Material lust involves those perfectly,'normal' people who forgo spirituality to fulfil their ownlusts or desires , be they material, sexual etc. above all other things, so effectively those suffering autism have, by the very nature of their disability, no choice, alternatively those filled with desire or material lust choose not to use it in preference for those material things that in theend will give them short term pleasure.