Down and Out

Old 02-11-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Down and Out

Sorry that I havent been on.. I have been really busy with my sister and starting college.. I just thought I would share something bad but could turn out to be a good.
I spent Saturday and all of Sunday in the hospital with my sister... she was admitted to the hospital due to falling down the stairs.. yes she was drinking.. she has multiple fractures in her pelvis. which is a real bad thing.. (trauma).. she cant walk, or turn on her side. they are detoxing her also.. they said at this time surgery wasnt needed.. but physical therapy will be in play... and it will take awhile for her to heal due to the mulitple fractures.
Please understand I am not trying to be mean.. but my father and I are not taking vodka away from her anymore. we dont have to worry about her drinking due to this accident.. we just have to worry now about her getting back on her feet... which dr. said it will take a while but it can be done in time.... I just wanted you to know.. that the stress level at this point is better.. it's just so sad to see that it had to happen this way.. and it hurts me to see her in pain and not be able to do anything... but she literaly hit rock bottom.. (bottom of stairs) to make her see..
Bright Blessings to all of you
Old 02-11-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

It takes what it takes.
You seem to be handling the situation well.
Your sister is lucky you haven't given up on her.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bottoming out process

My sponsor says watching someone find their "bottom" is the hardest part of his 12 step work. "Every alcoholic has to dig their their hole to reach their bottom to the point of where they stop and throw out the shovel."
Old 02-11-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for the update.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)
Old 02-12-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

had to share one more

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shuvanhi View Post
Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)
Thank you, Shuvanhi. It's hard to know when you post something when it will be just the exact thing someone else needs. This one was for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.