findings...

Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

findings...

Talked with the M.E. investigator. The cause of death: accidental multi substance toxicity. Blood alcohol level .127, cocaine, methadone, xanax(prescribed), tramadol(prescribed) anti-depressant(prescribed). I'm just in shock at the level of selfishness addiction takes on. He had only one hundred dollars and nothing else. nothing! no car, no food, no gas money to refill my car, but he sure found a way to buy liquor and drugs. With fines, probation officers, attorneys to pay ...There's no way he spent $100 down on methadone and cocaine in 2 hours. It brought to the surface a lot of bad emotions for me that I thought I'd dealt with. :wtf2
Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry insulated. I have a feeling that alot of us codies would be shocked to find out what is actually in our addicts system. We tend to focus on one drug - not a multitude. I know my AH mentioned morphine the other day...

My grandma died of cancer about 12 years ago and the first thing that hospice did after the fact was flush the morphine.

I am so sorry for all of the info that you're getting it has to be hard 'not knowing' the person that you thought you 'knew' so well.... Hugs to you
Old 02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

forgiveness and grace are two things i'm trying to embrace