Notices

need help!!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need help!!

I stopped drinking 23 days ago and at times I still feel like I have the flu! Is this normal? The first few days were horrible (anxiety attacks, insomnia, feeling like I had some deathly illness), but then for about 5 days I felt pretty dang good! I thought I had beat this thing. Boy was I wrong, I felt just as bad the past 7 days as I did the first 3! I'm wondering if this could still be withdrawal symptoms, or if I'm really sick (like flu, or something else). Anyone else expereience flu like symptoms 3 weeks into sobriety?? Any info would be much appreciated, I'm really dedicated to getting sober!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

nighthawk, if you suspect there is something wrong with you then I suggest going to see your doctor.

All you went through the first week I relate to, however my best advice is NO advice other than go seek some medical attention.

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

nighthawk, I just saw that is your first post........ so welcome to SR!!!

I can appreciate your wanting to stay sober and having new feelings and not knowing what to do, but if you really feel that badly, please go see a doctor or go to the ER.

It is the policy of this site not to give out or seek medical advice.

Please do feel better soon.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Nighthawk,

Stay with it and you will feel better. I do hear alot of illnesses in the beginning and when you feel sick you'll almost do anything to feel better. I am over 18 months sober and I still think of having a drink when I get sick.

You may also want to look into something called PAWS. I'm not sure I experienced it but many have and you can find alot of information on it. I think it can happen for around 6 months or longer. 23 days is great and just know that it will go away and you will feel better. It really sucks when you think you are doing everything right and you still feel sick. Good luck you are doing great and always seek out what is bothering you. This site is great for that.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and please do see a doctor. I agree with Vegi on that. You are doing great. Don't let frustration take you down.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey NIghthawk... those symptoms you speak, no kiddin you its like 15 day for me an i feel like the livin dead.. ALL THAT FLU LIKE SYMPTOM..drained in energy when i get home
from work jus needin to sleep... HAVE BEEN SO MISERABLE .. with this condition felt like pickin a bottle up jus to lighten up! How Ironic i KNOW...not only this ,liver Aches/throbs,
often sometimes constant... I ALSO WONDER ? how long this i can only describe as Detox Lasts... and preferably what natural medication can you take to Assist,
[/FONT][/FONT]
Old 02-09-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's always a good idea to get checked by a dr if you're concerned about symptoms you're having. I know that when I was drinking, I didn't pay attention to my body and I noticed a variety of aches and pains when I stopped drinking that I realized I had to deal with.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with everyone else - see a doctor

Welcome to SR nighthawk

D