First day back to work after meltdown

Old 02-08-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day back to work after meltdown

Well today starts me working half days. I have no idea why Im so nervous about going to work. They have been so good to me. In a way I feel as tho Im letting them down somehow? Stupid thinking I know but that seems to be my specialty right about now.

Last night was the super bowl. That bothered my daughter, even tho he would drink she would still watch the game with him. We didnt even put the channel on.

Sometimes I feel that my whole entire life is screwed! We will never be the same and that scares me. I know in time it will heal but it sure doesnt feel like it now.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((((Deb))))) Don't be nervous....I've been in so many work situations in which someone has had to be away for a few days after a personal crisis......everyone understands. Those that don't aren't worth your time!

Hey nothin' says "thanks" to your fellow desk jockeys like a box of Crispy Creams all warm and picked up on the way in.....

Hugs to you and DD. Take good care of yourself! HG
Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take good care of yourself, Deb. Grief takes time, lots of time.

We've had a lot of death in my family (some of it self-inflicted) My counselor used to tell me that, in the network of paths and wires in my head, there was a lot of "stuff" still connected to my loved ones who'd died. I'd be doing something normal, tripping down that little neural pathway in my head, and there they'd be. Like I'd be watching a movie, and all of a sudden I'd realized that it was HER favorite movie, and we'd watched it laughing ten times together......stuff like your Super Bowl experience.

The only cure for this is time, and slowly rewiring yourself so there are fewer links to him. I have some links to my loved ones I'll never let go, and that's okay (I loved them after all). They just no longer wreck me when I go there. I can now think, "Yes, he/she was a good person at heart, and I miss them." And then quickly turn my mind to Today again.

I am glad you're working with a counselor......I think mine really did save my life.

Big hugs,
GL
Old 02-08-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((Wizedeb))))))))))))))
peace-
b