Just trying to be still and in the now

Old 02-07-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just trying to be still and in the now

Hi everyone.
I am new here but not to recovery. Been in AlAnon online for over a year and a half and attending F2F for over a year now.
I love it, love the program and like most, slip and fall and pull myself back up over and over.
I'm really trying to rededicate myself to my recovery more and focusing on myself more.
My qualifier and I are no longer together, nor am I an longer with the EXABF who is the reason I came back to AlAnon. I am still angry with him and resentful in many ways and trying to work on that too.
I'm a single mom, dating a new guy-but thinking honestly of ending that too for reasons I won't get into now. It's a new dating relationship and not much investment so it will be fine should I make that decision.
I'm learning to set boundaries in my life for the first time ever.....it's scarey and good all at the same time, once I got past the guiltbut it is amazing too. This is a great program and changes my life daily!
Thank you all for letting me share!
12stepnchick
Old 02-07-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I'm glad you're here.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome my dear.

God bless
Old 02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, I think we are here trying to learn the difficulty in setting good and healthy boundaries. There is some good reading in the sticky section to help you in your journey. Raise questions or start good convo or just plain vent.