Notices

My mother feeds me oxy's

Old 02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question My mother feeds me oxy's

I'm 26 and a single mom, I have tendonitis in both wrists and fibromyalgia with depression am unable to work.

It's me and my mom and my son. I am living with my mother now while waiting for disability so i can afford to leave and get healthy. I'm stuck waiting! I have considered going to a shelter. If i can't get off the pills while staying with my mom.

My mother has gave me oxy's recreationally for years. I'm a Oxycotin Addict now and my mother has a large prescription for 40mg Oxy's and is an Addict and does not want to stop using. Today I'm asking for help with my situation and staying sober while living with a Addict is it even possible. I have tryed to quit a few times and every time I do she offers me them and i jump right back on. I'm very frusturated any suggestions on what her and i could do to be successful in my staying sober. I love her so much.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us.

I'm glad you want to stop using the drugs and I know that you can find support here. You can stay sober living with an addict, of course you can. But, it sounds like a toxic environment for you to be in, and I hope you can find a way to live on your own.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Hey,

I have no experience with this. Just wanted to you to know I'm touched by your situation. Are there no other relatives or family friends that you could stay with?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kailag

I agree with everyone else here that sounds like a very toxic place to be in.

I hope you find something else really soon, and I hope you start on your recovery even sooner

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 02-04-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! It is possible to stop using while living with an addict but it will take some work on your part. I hope you'll come her often for support and information.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I agree with the others totally. I would add that going to the substance abuse forum may get you even better suggestions then you will get here.

Have you considered NA?

Have you spoken with your doctor?

Have you sat your mom down & explained to her that you really do not wish to be an addict raising her grand child and asked for her support in this?

There are programs out there to help you, reach out a bit further then just here, there is help. Stay here as well, the more support and advise the better.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. Glad you are here. Oxy was one of my many demons for years. It is possible to stay clean in your situation, however you will need to be willing to go to any length. First things first, you will need to focus on your addiction and only your addiction. You didn't cause, you can't control, nor can you change your mother's habits. As far as her, the best thing you can do right now is focus on you and set the example. In time, if you are successful (sounds grim, but it is a big "IF") your mother may decide she wants what you have. Like some of the others have stated, if at all possible I would consult a medical doctor. That is a pretty potent opiate and DT's from it could be nasty depending on the dosage. Out of curiosity how much are you consuming on a daily basis? When I was at my worst I was inducing 200-300mgs a day...looked like dracula...nodferatu, lol . Yes, now I can find humor in my past, it is possible. Today I am a little over six months clean and sober and the things that are now happening in my life are nothing short of a miracle. Good things do happen...in time and with effort. Hope you stick around and feel free to ask us any of those 5,000 burning questions going through your mind.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank-you to everyone for your support. Your comments have really gave me alot to think about. I will be talking to my Doctor and staying here its nice to know other people understand how hard it is.

What a journey staying clean is but i plan to come on here and connect with others instead of useing to feel better.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by omegasupreme View Post
Welcome. Glad you are here. Oxy was one of my many demons for years. It is possible to stay clean in your situation, however you will need to be willing to go to any length. First things first, you will need to focus on your addiction and only your addiction. You didn't cause, you can't control, nor can you change your mother's habits. As far as her, the best thing you can do right now is focus on you and set the example. In time, if you are successful (sounds grim, but it is a big "IF") your mother may decide she wants what you have. Like some of the others have stated, if at all possible I would consult a medical doctor. That is a pretty potent opiate and DT's from it could be nasty depending on the dosage. Out of curiosity how much are you consuming on a daily basis? When I was at my worst I was inducing 200-300mgs a day...looked like dracula...nodferatu, lol . Yes, now I can find humor in my past, it is possible. Today I am a little over six months clean and sober and the things that are now happening in my life are nothing short of a miracle. Good things do happen...in time and with effort. Hope you stick around and feel free to ask us any of those 5,000 burning questions going through your mind.

Thank-you
I agree I must focus on me every min. of everyday and i'm trying to stay away from her.
I'm on my 3rd day of W/D ,the worst part about my w/d other then craveing is how upset my stomach gets. But it will end right? How did you get through your w/d?
I was useing 120mg-200mg every day for a year living with my mom and only recreationally before that. I've never tryed a needle though and I need to stop before I do.

I'm only here with my mom for a max. of 3 more months but 3 months seems like forever when i crave so bad and its just so easy to get a fix.

I'm so thankfull I found this site
Old 02-04-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My entire digestive tract was completely shredded towards the end. Pardon the grizzly details, but I could not keep food down or even water for that matter, blood amongst other things, was coming out of the top and the bottom. I didn't deal with the WD's in a healthy manner, as I used alcohol and many other drugs to get through it which led me to other addictions, but yes, it does end. This is no attempt to discourage you, but it sounds like you may be in the thickest part of the storm as far as the WD's are concerned. Based on my chemical dependency career in a few more days it should start letting up. Hang in there and if at all possible at least try and keep your body hydrated as I would imagine your body is lacking the basics of fluids, electrolytes, and vitamins. Oh, also, I wouldn't dare consume some sort of multivitamin right now as a quick fix for the deficiency, I could only imagine the physical havoc that would wreak on your stomach.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I COULD NOT DEAL WITH W/D'S i went to a detox facility.then a 28 day rehab.some cities have places to go that are free of expenses.i was shooting "H"and i really did not think there would be a light at the end of the tunnel,but there is.im going on 2 months clean and things could'nt be better.i hope you make it through the storm.its a tuff place to be, but there is hope...
Old 02-04-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm looking at this from a mothers angle. What is the reason / motive she continues to offer you these pills. Is it because it somehow minimizes &/or justifies her own addiction? Get out of there. Is there a friend or other relative you can stay with until you have gone through the worst part of the storm? Be calm, read a book, take baths, drink plenty of fluids, meditate, dance around, go for a walk, cook. Do anything to stay busy and preooccupied. Examine the codependency on your mother and is this what had you using?
Old 02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do go and see that Dr as well, Kailag

D
Old 02-05-2010, 05:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 4 today and im feeling ok so far. My mother and i sat down yesterday at the compuister iter and i read tons of posts to her from all over and i really think it helped alot. She still has no disire to quit but she is more supportive of me.

I have a very small family I don't know my father and I had two sisters but the middle one of us died a few years ago she got killed by a train. My baby sister is away at school.
My mom only has me left and I really only have her . Its ok though I will make it and I plan to use the support of each one of you to do it.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That sounds like an extremely tough situation! I hope you have supportive friends or other relatives who might help
Old 02-09-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
FT

Check out the substance abuse forum

Hi there,

You might find some kindred spirits on the Substance Abuse forum of this website.

Lots of people there have dealt with oxycodone/oxycontin addiction, and their stories might help you relate and maybe help you find your way.

Keep posting here, ask for help, and especially, READ the stories of people who have stopped using this drug. Oxy's are very, very insidious in their ability to hook you and keep you hooked.

I would also check out NA, as they will understand what you are going through and there will be lots of people there just like you who can help you deal with this situation.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The OP is from 2010.