Want to not miss your abusive EX?

Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
miyah

Want to not miss your abusive EX?

Thanks to Minnie who posted the red flag list and a link to Heartless Bitches International
At that website I found links to an in progress book, called Romeos Bleeding, When Mister Right Turns out to be Mister Wrong. These are just a few paragraphs that spoke to me.
This is Roger Melton speaking of both Narcissistic and Borderline Personality Disorder.( The Borderline scenario is verbatim my relationship with EXABF. ) This is scary stuff! And he didn't say how adding Alcoholism to this mess would affect it!!
I was feeling sad and missing him. Now I am just scared.

When talking about himself, everything he thinks, feels and does, sounds as if it must be important. Nothing is insignificant about a Narcissist, to a Narcissist. Regardless of what position he holds at his job, he is always better at it than anyone else. Whether a company's janitor or chief executive officer, he always conveys a sense of himself as superior to his peers.
The quickest and crudest way to confirm that someone is a Narcissistic Controller is simply to marry him. Unfortunately, this actually is the first moment when the narcissistic spell is broken and a woman realizes that Mr. Right is actually Mr. Wrong. If it were simply a manner of recognizing signs of self-centered arrogance, it would be a piece of cake to avoid this kind of man's clutches. But many Narcissistic Controllers possess a subtle weapon: charm
Love is a two-way street when two people know how to give it and receive it. But to Controllers, it's a dead-end freeway.

Love, to them, is simply a means to an end. It is a vulnerability to be exploited. Obedience equals love in their minds, and each type of Controller seeks to achieve his version of "love" in a way tailored to his style of control. The Sadist's version of "loving" control is as distinct as a tarantula crawling across an angel-food cake. Love, to him, is the terror in his victim's eyes.

To the Sociopath, love is the thrill he gets when you've finally taken his bait, he's yanked on the line and the hook is buried deep in your heart. Love, to him, is the look of stunned bewilderment and dread your eyes reveal when you realize it's too late to run.

To the Borderline, love walks between the blades of an emotionally double-edged razor, which swings and slices between emotion-soaked heavens and hells. "Love," to the Borderline male, often ends in the cemetery. Almost half of all batterers and stalkers are Borderline.

He accuses you of everything from insincerity to infidelity, and your mind scrambles to discover what you just said or did that's setting him off. He keeps saying it's you, and is so intensely convinced that it is you that it's hard not to believe him. Later, after his firestorm of vindictiveness has died down, you might realize what triggered him. You did not respond "right" to his compliments, or scratched your nose in the midst of his adoration, or maybe you just burnt the toast that morning or were two-minutes late coming home from the office. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. There will always be something - apparently innocuous to you - which will abruptly stoke his raging fire again. And again and again, round and around, until your spirit and soul are finally ground into fine, despondent grains of charred debris, and your mind eventually looks like a Tokyo china-shop after a 9.0 earthquake.

The only thing predictable about such a Controller is his extreme unpredictability. It is only after you become intimately snared into him that you discover the soul-grinder that lies waiting to strike. Until then, you may even find him amazingly attentive, sensitive and empathic to your every need. He can initially appear to be completely non-threatening
Regardless of how a Controller with a Borderline Personality Disorder can alter and tailor his appearance to deceive others, he still presents with a clear and characteristic personality pattern. This pattern usually emerges in three stages or roles: Vulnerable Seducer, Clinger and Hater. These stages cycle and often swing wildly from one role to the next, but through drawing a picture of how these stages appear, a basic portrait can be loaded into your developing Controller-detection-system.
It is this intense way he has of bearing down on you emotionally that can feel very seductive. You will feel elevated, adored - almost worshiped. And you will feel that way quickly. It may seem like a great deal has happened between the two of you in a short period of time, because every conversation is so intense, and his attention is so focused on you. But if you're paying attention, you will feel his adoration by the third date, or sooner.

Blame is their way of unloading their character defects onto you. Listen closely to the hateful things they say to you about you. You are listening to verbatim descriptions of their character defects. This is extremely important to remember, especially in the midst of verbal attack. These are the only moments when you will hear the truth about the man who lies concealed behind the steel wall of his personality disorder. But never point that fact out to him. If you do, it may be the last time you see him alive. But not because you're still around to know he's not dead.

The entire article is well worth reading and if you are like me, it will bring you chills of recognition.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Obedience equals love in their minds,
wow
Old 02-02-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love the HB site...

Thanks for posting
Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I can't find a link to what you posted...the book I mean.

nvm - I found it.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That helped me oodles when I was trying to get my head around THAT X...I re-read it again recently...it is great work!
I can't believe it was never published!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Trust me, from a MAN who has been in the situation....my Ex AW fit entirely into that description. All I had to do was replace each "he" in that article with "she" and it was her to a PERFECT "T".....she was the sociopath....uggghhhh. So glad to be free of it all for two years next month!