how much more?

Old 09-24-2003, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how much more?

well, my AH got kicked out of the sober living house and told me he was going back to his old apartment 4 hours away, hasn't answered the phone in two days so I knew what was up. Finally got through to him today and he's actually right up the road at a hotel drunk out of his mind. Was telling me he needed help. I just can't believe this. I really think the guy has a death wish. He's been drunk as hell in a hotel room for at least 2 days now. There is no one to help him, not his parents, and he doesn't know anyone here. I can't do it. I did it for so long, took him to the hospital more times than I can count. I'm sick right now with a nasty cold, I have a sick baby and I just can't go and nurture him back to health. Am I a terrible person for doing this? I mean, this could go on for years. Why do we anons feel so obligated to help the A's?? I fear for his life, I really do. He has had to be rescuscitated twice in the past because his BAC was like .58 at one point. How do you let go and not feel responsible if something terrible happens? I am so stressed out again and not feeling well. I need to stay healthy to take care of my 18 month old twins. I'm starting to accept the fact that he's probably never going to hold down a steady job again and I might not get regular support payments from him. I guess you just find a way to keep going huh? Any support from you all is welcome I'm just numb right now.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Paige

You need a bunch of hugs. Here they are, coming right from me to you. You can't help him, so help yourself. I'm sorry that you are sick on top of all of this. It's all so overwhelming sometimes. Take it one step at a time. Or one moment at a time if you have to.
God bless you pal.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 09-24-2003, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Paige)))

You are not responsible for him. You are responsible for your health and the care of your children.

Big boy can look after himself, or not, but my guess is he will check himself in to detox when he is done.

Don't feel guilty. This is his stuff and this could go on for years.

Sending hugs and chicken soup for you and sick baby.

Hugs
Ann