kind of a medical question

Old 01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

kind of a medical question

My ABF is visiting this weekend. He got here wednesday, and I noticed his pupils were gigantic. I immediately got a twelve panel test and told him to take it, which he did without issue (I know, I know, but I wasn't going to spend the night with him, let alone the weekend if he was using) and was completely clean. I noticed the next morning when he woke up they were still gigantic, and the right one is slightly bigger than the left. They are non reactive to light. I'm concerned, as I'm truly sure he's not using...he's not acting high. Believe me I know the symptoms...they get bigger and smaller, but they are huge for the most part, and the right one is consistently larger.
so any thoughts on why this could be happening? I know he should probably go to the doc, but he has no insurance.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We aren't allowed to give med advice on here so I think a visit to the emergency room might be a good idea!

I am in Nursing school right now and one pupil bigger than the other is a sign of neurological significance - not something we would think was "normal" in an assessment, so I'd want to point it out to an MD.

Is he willing to go to the ER?

peace
b