Notices

help

Old 01-29-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help

My husband is not physically dependant, but emotionally. He gets so angry at me over things that you wouldnt normally...but its starting to make me feel like maybe i am a bad person and i do do a lot of stupid things. Im so confused. We are in a huge fight right now. I need advice. please help.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I hope that your husband will seek help for his addiction.

It might be a good idea for you to seek support for yourself at AlAnon. Also, take a look around the boards here, and you'll find lots of good information. We have two forums for Friends and Families.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi hurtintheburg

I think Anna's advice is spot on. You'll find a lot of support here...please do check out our Family and Friends forums as well

Welcome
D
Old 01-29-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, hurt. I'm sorry you're having a bad time of it. It's great that you're reaching out for help. I wish I had when I was in a similar situation. I took all the blame on myself when things went wrong in my marriage. My husband was never physically abusive, but could say some really cruel & cutting things when he was drunk. Then the next day he'd have no memory of it & claim it didn't happen. It almost made me insane, since I doubted myself all the time.

I hope you will visit the Friends & Family forum as was suggested - no one understands like those who are living through the same thing. It will help strengthen you and give you courage. We're glad you're here.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please do check out the Friends and Family forums. One for alcoholism and one for drug addiction. I also suggest getting support for yourself thru AlAnon. You cannot 'solve' your husband's problem, you can only take care of yourself.

Welcome to SR!