Notices

Starting a New

Old 01-27-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting a New

I'm really having a hard time trying to cope with all of this because nobody knows what I am going through except for my boyfriend and sometimes I feel as if I just need someone else to talk to. I am on my 3rd day of detoxing at home from opiate use. I only have been using for about 8 months, but I'm really glad I realized the problem before it got any worse. I am not going to any programs, so I'm hoping this forum will help a little with the whole mental part of it. It all started with just taking roxicets on the weekend to so ""have a good time"" which ended up leading to an increasingly large heroin addiction. Nobody in our lives know we are heroin addicts, and we live normal everyday lives. We had money to support our what we thought was a well managed drug habit. How can someone continue to make excuses on how we weren't as bad as others we see around us. Before you know it, you don't even get high anymore. I have to sniff down bags in the morning just to get through my work day without anyone thinking there is anything wrong. I have watched people around me destroy their lives, and because we still have money in the bank, and have jobs and a place to live we were fine...But in all reality the same could happen to us and that it why we have made the decision that enough is enough. Thinking about all the money that was spent, makes me sick. Even though we still have all the means of living, all that money could have been spent on much better things, such as our children.. So it's been 3 full days without any opiates, and I gotta say I feel pretty good. I am just really praying for a good nights sleep tonight because the insomnia is killer.. I have been taking ambien at night to go to sleep and it helps some. The hot and cold sweats are sometimes unbearable, but I actually was able to eat today.. funny to, because I think I ate more then I did in the last eight months... I lost like 30lbs.. not dieting, no excercise.. but we are striving for a better life as a family, and do normal things again... This life is so much more than all these drugs...
Old 01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi LivingForBetter
I think you've made a great choice - although my drug of choice was different, I know about secrecy and outward appearances - but if you or your bf have any health concerns at all, please do see a Dr

You also might like to check out our substance abuse forum
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR!
D
Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All my best as you move forward into a healthy future.

Blesssings to you your partner and your children.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi and welcome to SR.

Well done on making the decision to quit before it wrecked your life completely.
Has your boyfriend given up with you?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family. We're all fighting addiction here in one way or another. Do check out the substance abuse forum. Lots of support and good info there.:ghug3
Old 01-28-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
You've made the best decision of your life and for your children. Be proud of yourself.