Just saying hello and mainly thanks to you all

Old 01-24-2010, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just saying hello and mainly thanks to you all

I just joined this helpful site after studying it for three years. You guys have been so helpful in my recovery from my addiction to my soon to be EXAH . It has been a long ride - 22 years of marriage. What kept me stuck was the seven sober years in the middle. It has been a roller coaster ride - the last 3 years - and I came out of denial ever so slowly. This disease nearly broke my spirit , but thanks to my HP , AL ANON , two therapists and you guys I made a turn - around and started looking after myself and our 3 children. To start to take responsibility for my own welfare was difficult as I was consumed by my husband's problems. It takes faith , courage and perseverance but I am getting better one day at a time. THANK YOU !
Old 01-24-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by freefalling View Post
I just joined this helpful site after studying it for three years. You guys have been so helpful in my recovery from my addiction to my soon to be EXAH . It has been a long ride - 22 years of marriage. What kept me stuck was the seven sober years in the middle. It has been a roller coaster ride - the last 3 years - and I came out of denial ever so slowly. This disease nearly broke my spirit , but thanks to my HP , AL ANON , two therapists and you guys I made a turn - around and started looking after myself and our 3 children. To start to take responsibility for my own welfare was difficult as I was consumed by my husband's problems. It takes faith , courage and perseverance but I am getting better one day at a time. THANK YOU !
And we have a new "length of time lurking" winner. Previous record of 2 years, held by Coyote.

Congratulations freefalling, and welcome!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And what a lurker I have been - totally hooked I have become to this forum. Hope in future I can mean as much to all the lurkers out there who is still in hiding from the world and themselves.

If I could become so much better - scared person I was - anybody who wants it, can become better.

The process of letting go was terrifying as I had to put new behaviours in place as I went along. I cried for a year it seems now as I look back. The reward is kicking in with my self-esteem growing day after day.

AH still manages to pull wool over my eyes as we go along in divore , but now it does not 3 days to realise it ,LOL !
Old 01-24-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the family Freefalling!

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're glad you are here!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome
Old 01-24-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

welcome! that's one STOIC lurker, lemme tellya!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, which also stands for Stupidity Removed, Sanity Refound, Sane Reality and Such Relief.

Lurking is one thing, but actually being part of this Forum is WOW!!

God bless