Feeling stupid really hurt

Old 01-21-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling stupid really hurt

Just today the weirdest thing happen I look at my bank account and noticed a charge on there that was not mine. My ADAS when he signed up for his car insurance somehow managed to have it debited from my account. I called the insurance company and they sent me a form that was sign or should I say someone signed my name to. To make a long story short he had cancelled the policy so this should never have happened but on the other hand who signed the form. He tells me :"NO" he didn't do it, but I know he's lying. He is so concerned about "am I getting the $$ back", and you know it's not at all right now about the money. I'm so done, every and I mean every time I have done anyting to help him he stabs me in the back with it. The agent he dealt with wasn't in today, but I will be talking with him in the morning and see how this happend in the first place. And I think it's time for boundry #3 deadline for him to get his own place.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it's time for boundry #3 deadline for him to get his own place.
I think that's a great idea. Keep moving forward. You don't have to put up with lies, deception, theft and being stabbed in the back by someone who is supposed to love you.

He belongs in jail and protecting him from the consequences of his actions tells him that it's ok to treat you that way.

Keep moving forward. You truly deserve better.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((JD)) - I'm sorry. Most of us have to keep getting the same behavior over and over until WE have had "enough". I agree, it's time he find his own place. I would also recommend keeping a very close eye on your bank accounts.

He will probably keep doing it until he can't get away with it any more and has to face the consequences. Expect some whining, yelling, "I don't have anywhere to gooooo!", and all kinds of things to try to manipulate you into letting him stay home and do what he wants.

You deserve some peace, and he deserves to find out there are consequences to life as an addict.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-21-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think thats a good idea too. though i think deep down, he loves you but his addiction may be in control. being a ra, i know how hard it is to do the right thing when drugs is calling you. the drug seems to have a voice with a mind of its own.

that being said, i think the best thing you can do for him is to protect yourself from his addiction, in turn, allowing him to suffer the consequences of his actions.

i'm now 7yrs clean but it took for my family to get out of my way and let me fall, then and only then was i able to see for myself how destructive and out of control my life had become, causing me to want desperately to get sober and stay sober. today i'm totally grateful that they did, otherwise i'd probably still be out using, in jail or dead. today our relationship is better than it was before the drugs.

i know this has to be hard for you but i honestly think it may be the most loving thing you can do for you and your son. you both are in my prayers.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You need to close all of your current accounts and open new ones with new numbers. This is what my bank advised me to do after my son wrote checks to himself out of my checking account. I closed all bank accounts and credit cards and had new numbers issued.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorton View Post
You need to close all of your current accounts and open new ones with new numbers. This is what my bank advised me to do after my son wrote checks to himself out of my checking account. I closed all bank accounts and credit cards and had new numbers issued.
Ditto, here.