mermaidgirl update-not all separation-is bad

Old 01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mermaidgirl update-not all separation-is bad

All-

So I have finally drawn the boundary last week after RAH's anger was out of control (posted Friday). He has been out of the house since then and since then he is just a sobbing heap of a man, or a "broken" man in his words.

We are still attending marital counseling (where he just cries and says what a horrible person her has been for 7-1/2 years to ) and individual.

Although painful as a thorn under my nailbed, I know this was the only course. I am not putting pressure on myself to decide-anything. He is begging for a shred of a chance. I am frozen right now-just trying to get thru moment by moment.

Thanks for your support, oh wise ones!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((hugs))) Been there....done that. You're doing great. Get to a meeting if you are in Alanon and get yourself some real hugs. The right decision for you will come at exactly the right time for you.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My individual counseling session coincides with my fav al-anon meeting...but I am getting lots of hugs and lots of support. The funny thing is the other day I asked myself, what is WRONG with me to have put up with this for that long? Then...I said nothing is wrong with me now-because I WON'T put up with it anymore...

Old 01-21-2010, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mermaidgirl View Post
Then...I said nothing is wrong with me now-because I WON'T put up with it anymore...
Amen sister!! I'm right there with you on that!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mermaid Girl, Yay for you!
And what you said about what is wrong with me that I put up with this for so long?
That is my sticking point. This is what I can't get past. I feel so stupid.
But at least we're doing it now, right?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's a process. We live and learn. I am a graduate educated individual for cryin' out loud...I work for 14 internists...should I know better? hell ya! But when you are in a marriage, or you are a child (whatever) it is difficult to reconcile that this person would actually harm you emotionally or otherwise. Tough to accept-easier to make an excuse (enable) instead of take care of yourself-first.