Does anyone know... Rehab?

Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone know... Rehab?

AH is bottoming out, he called the admissions office for a Rehab yesterday, but they have no beds available. and said they would call when a bed became available.

This is his first attempt at Rehab so I have no idea what to expect... Does anyone know how long it typically takes for beds to open up? I mean are we talking days or weeks?

I did a search but found nothing... I totally understand that every place is different (YMMV) but I appreciate any insight.. cause
Old 01-20-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Depends on the place, your situation (emergency or not) and is there a waitlist (where are you on it). You might try another facility. He can probably figure that out.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When my dh went the first time it was in January and had to wait 2 weeks after he made the initial phone call to get a bed. It was at a hospital for detox. They told him if he wanted to get a bed right away to show up drunk at the emergency room and he would get one right away. He just waited the 2 weeks. The 2nd time he went was in December before Christmas and there were quite a few empty beds, he got in right away. I suppose people like to wait till after Christmas to get help, I don't know? Is there any other places he could go?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

There are AA mtgs. until a bed is available.

Have faith, hope and patience that just in time your turn will come.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, options for other places are limited because of insurance coverage but there are at least two others that he can call.