Ringtones for "special people"

Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ringtones for "special people"

The posts about specific ringtones for people reminds me of having lunch in a cafe 3 years ago, (pre SR) when the sound of someone dry reaching came from the table beside me. The woman got her mobile phone out of her bag and told all us startled diners, "sorry for this, it's my ex calling". She explained that she recorded his noises when hungover, and used it as his ringtone.

I laughed but didn't appreciate just what she must have suffered from that marriage, to go to that length because I hadn't hit my bottom or come here yet.

What a wonderful idea! Imagine if you are feeling a bit iffy about having left him, then you get this simple reminder of why you left, and boy does that strengthen you.

Wonder what some of you would have as similar ringtone for your ex's or even current problem child?

Must try and think of one for my ABF.

God bless
Old 01-19-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My ringtone for my father is a barking dog.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I swear, you guys are cracking me up today. Is it something in the water?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Me too!! Keep em coming!! I need a good laugh!

Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Seeking Serenity

Love it!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There's retching, there's barking dogs, how about a duck quacking to remind us all of the quacking our A's do when they have been drinking, are about to drink, have quit drinking.......for me-well, it would be the sound of a beer can opening. that brings it all back -even now when I hear a pop can being opened-when ABF comes over, he has switched to soda in a plastic bottle......
Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think mine would have to yell at me in my own voice "ARE YOU CRAZY????"
Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mine would have to be the ice clinking at dead of night (from our ice machine!).. he forgets five of us live here and not just one!!.......or his mobile phone going off in the middle of the night as he has an email alert! This really ***** me as it often wakes our 3 year old up......I have asked many times nicely if he could possibly put it on silent once the littlies go to bed.......doesn't happen often though!.....as by the time he has topped up his extra large wine glass he has totally forgotten.....

Thanks for the laugh in the thread though! I need it too......it put a smile on my face Phiz :0)
Old 01-20-2010, 01:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It would be my ex saying "No, I haven't had anything to drink."

Good thread. I think we all needed it.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Mine would be my XAH saying 'I'm the victim here! Everyone is victimising me!' or Robbie the Robot from Lost in Space shouting 'danger ms bookwyrm, danger'!

But I don't have his number any more, I deleted it and he doesn't have mine so the sound I hear when he tries to call me is wonderful silence!!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

OMG! I SO needed that laugh! Thank you for sharing that story!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't know if this is a quote from a movie, but I would love the ringtone:

"Listen! It's the world's SMALLEST violin and it's playing for you!"
Old 01-21-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

For exah and mil - a duck quacks on my phone. It's just a little reminder that i can CHOOSE whether or not to take the call and what i need to prepare for if i do.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the posts and ideas for those ringtones. I just spoke to a friend who has "who let the dogs out" as her ringtone for her XAH and XMIL, and knowing both of these people I think she is spot on.

Haven't sorted any out for my own RABF yet, but will have another look soon.

I looked on ZEDGE (online where you can download ringtones of all types for FREE.)
and downloaded quite a few I liked, so have them filed away for future use.

There are times when a thread is so hard and difficult for all on it, and I feel down about the people and the problem, and for some reason I must do something to ease this for me. Often I have popped in a funny image, but was warned that some here may be offended or upset, thinking I was belittling the problem and hurt they felt.

Should I go on as I have for the 16 months I have been on SR, or cease doing it in case I hurt others? Causing someone extra pain is the last thing I want to do or intend.

Bless you all
Old 01-21-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I adore your photo pop ins! Please do not stop! I so look forward to them. Any one who finds them offensive can put you on ignore. You just can't please all of the people all of the time.

I am quite upset with my daughter at the moment and I think I would like to put that old song "Who's sorry now" as my vote for her ring tone. To remind me not to apologize and to wait for one from her.

Really, love, your sense of humor is very dear and uplifting to me, you are very special, please don't change a thing.
Gee, did I offend you when I made the cracks about your avatar???? LOL

Live
Old 01-21-2010, 11:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

it really is wonderful to have these uplifting posts as most people are here when life is extremly tough! I had a good laugh reading through the posts on this thread and it made me feel really good - so lets keep this fun postings up! as for most I would think its quite uplifting!....

Loved the "who let the dogs out".......will also check out that place you mentioned for the ringtones....thanks.... take care all Phiz
Old 01-22-2010, 02:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Jadmack, please don't stop!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 03:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you for the encouragement. I guess I was a bit worried, but it was only 1 post that was querying the possibility of causing pain, and other posts seemed to take me as just trying to bring a smile to faces often scrunched up with misery. God knows I have been there before, and have looked in the mirror in horror. "I am turning into a bloody Cabbage Patch doll, Ahhhhhhh!!!!

Blame it on my Aussie humour, passed down from Scots and Irish ancestors, some who came here to face a bare land and needed a weird sense of humour to keep going.
And I thank God for it.

We have a possible cyclone hovering around right now, so I have been busy putting any stuff away safely, so it doesn't start flying round the place. ABF asked if I was going to rake up all the fallen leaves, but I said "no, let the wind do it for me".

I have decided that if abf "relapses", I will be using Merle Haggard's song "I threw away the rose" as my ringtone for him. He plays it often, and says it describes him so well.
At the moment his calls come thru as "one day at a time". And it is.

God bless