grandson is now at it

Old 01-16-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

grandson is now at it

little j. is following his dads footsteps. it breaks my heart but i have no control. he was picked up on wed. & charged with grand auto theif, b&e & larsaeny of a fire arm. if you all remember he has been in foster care, juvenille detention & training school since he turned 14.he turned 18 on the 3 of jan. he was released to a group home in august only to last 1 wk.
little j. has been talking good for the last 2wks but his dad said he was not doing the right things. he says he he on crack. remember his dad is serving a 7yr term in prison.
as i write this i still can not believe my life involves drugs & prisons & has for the past 20yrs. i am working my recovery. i do not let up on it. it gets easier but it is still hard because when it is your child, your grandchild you can not divorce them. i keep on loving them warts & all. prayers please for both of them.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

You are setting a good example for them with your recovery.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Hope, I am so sorry to hear this, but glad you have your program of recovery.

There are days I start to 'go there' in my mind when it comes to my 14 year old granddaughter, but I have to remind myself to stay in the moment, and have faith that God is watching over her.

With her now living with her addict mother, it's taken much much practice to let go and let God.

I'm glad to see you posting, hon! :ghug3
Old 01-16-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Hope)))

I'm really sorry, Hope, and will keep your son and your grandson in my prayers.

"Their" lives are the ones that involve prison and drugs, your life can be free from all chains Hope. Stay in the light girl, and you'll be okay.

Hugs