venting (again)

Old 01-16-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

venting (again)

ya know, I'm not really sure why I thought things would be easy. I guess I just figured given my life in general and the past few months that SOMETHING would be. C has been gone almost 2 months and I still get his mail Not a big deal but based on past history, that will become an issue if he's expecting something and doesn't get it. (his prob as far as I'm concerned) However, I have my own business and get checks mailed to me as well as my Roswell paperwork and would rather NO ONE have access to my box but me. I talked to him yesterday and he said he hasn't changed his address yet. Also he didn't think it was a big deal and why was it a problem now? Well, I'm not his mail bit%* I explained and wasn't going to be responsible for any of it. Plus I start chemo on Tues and would rather get as much done with my personal stuff as possible. He made a big deal, tried to start an argument and we got cut off. Then he calls back and gets mad because I "hung up on him". That's not my MO that's yours I said, and went back to the subject. We have a PO box and I'm not sure if I can get him out of it. I'll have to check but the comment was made that we were so good last week when we talked.......**I think he forgets how MOODY and depressed HE was the past few months. Excuse me for not being the lovely one!! Between biopsies and surgeries, ports, drugs and now a tooth pulled (while feeding myself and kids and paying my bills).....excuse ME!! He's too new into his recovery to really think that other people have needs too. He's out of the house living with his ex-wife (who enables him) gets rides when he needs them, eats when he needs to all the while not trying to do much of anything else. You'd think he would have the time to fill out the change of address form that him MOM got for him..... But, once again it is my fault (yeah right) But it re-enforces my decision to make him leave and that makes me feel stronger.

Whew!............thanks for listening.

Kim
Old 01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kim,

Wow, what a load you have on your plate! The last thing you need right now (or at any time) is someone who constantly drags you down and can't escape his own nightmare.

Oops! I apologize. I didn't even introduce myself! My son has been a drug addict for about 7 years... I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of an addict's guilt trips and mind games.

No matter what you give, it is never enough for the addict. They can become a bottomless pit of emotional need and then some.

Marjatta
Old 01-16-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Just write:

"Return to sender no longer at this address" on his mail, scratching out your address on the envelopes and either give the mail person or drop in outgoing mail box. You are not obligated to take his mail and hold it for him.

J M H O

You will probably have to pay for them to re-key, but if he has a key to the box would be a good idea.

That way, you will have no more contact with him.

Your priorities now are you and your kids!!!!! Especially you!

Prayers still going out for you and your young ones.

Love and hugs,