Not good

Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not good

Long story short

ABF and I were headed away for weekend. He went into store to get something. I picked up his ipone to play texas hold em long ride. When I unlocked I saw a text message that would indicate he is buying pills. I am not stupid as I am in recovery for alcohol myself (do not worry I am fine working my program). I called a friend in my network and she got back after praying and confront him. I already had.

He said he was buying suboxine for his brothers gf who was fresh out of detox. As said because of that I want a drug test. He said absolutely. We went and got it. He said remember I am on a benzo. I said I know the test, tests for each separately (got 12 panel).

We got to my friends condo and he produced the so called benzo and helped me identify and look online. It was oxycontin 30 mg, go figure. He flushed the rest of pills. Called his sponsor and said the doctor gave him that. BSBSBS all over it, but I said take it up with you sponsor.

It was late his sponsor whom I am friends with was sleeping. So he called his grand sponsor this am also a friend of mine and told him the doctor gave him percocet played it down. I called him out on that he said it is all the same I have no clue. He said no detox he wants to do on his own. I do not know what I am in for. Please help me with what to expect. He is sleeping now and does not feel that great... Thanks and love!

Amazingly I am serene and peaceful a result of working the 12 steps. I tried skiing today hated it went tubing. I am ok. I just want to know what withdrawals look like from a loved one.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cmhcali View Post
I am ok. I just want to know what withdrawals look like from a loved one.
Ummmmm, I think this was the only question you asked, so I'll answer it.

I've seen my abf withdrawl off of percs many times. (like 5 now). It's always the same....

Basically, much like if someone 'normal' had the flu.

Major body aches/chills/sweats.

weakness

Tiredness

Extreme aggitation, irritablity

Runny nose /eyes

Sneezing

Night sweats

restless legs

'squeezing' feeling across chest

Sleepy-- mixed with inability to sleep.

Think I've got most of it............... sucks.

Sorry you are going through this.

(And I know you didn't ask).... But I'd think about asking him to do a drug test etc. in the future. Trust your instincts, and know there is NOTHING you can do to help him (or force him) to level with you or ANYONE else, if he indeed is not serious about recovery for HIMSELF.

love,
Cess
Old 01-16-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He has been sleeping mostly for past 9 hours up for maybe an hour. Is he detoxing or pulling the wool over my eyes? I read everywhere the inability to sleep from withdrawal. Confused please help!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

why don't you ask this question in the substance abuse or withdraw forum - i think a lot more people who are in the know would see it

it's pretty hard for you or anyone else for that matter who isn't him to know what's going on