Notices

well- what next

Old 01-13-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

well- what next

dont know where to start. my beautiful 18 yr old daughter has got herself into a big (really big) jam by hanging out with wrong peeps, I sure did when i was 18- some may have an idea. i am going day by day.....working 12 hr days and love my work, but man this is taking a toll. i know thats vague, but - i guess the message is we are all struggling, just when things start to get good for me (the alchoholic- no one else is- alcohol anyway), i get a brick wall.. time to get tough with myself. not even sure why i posted this. i am pretty depressed - and never have been. But i shall continue to try.
dub
Old 01-13-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Worry over children can be tough whether your 1 week or 100 years sober.

Its just life on lifes terms......difficult in the early days when you havent got the solution in a bottle...just to round of the edges a bit.

Im glad i was sober to be around for my daughter while she tested every known boundary in the book....stealing.......drinking ...smoking.....you name it.

if its any help mines 20 now and grown into a beautiful responsible young women...stable and content.

good luck
Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dub

It's said that we need to put the oxygen mask on ourselves first - you'll be no good to anyone if you don't look after your welfare first...I think thats especially true of parents.

Your daughter needs a dad, Dub. Be there for her. Remorse for the past is natural, but whats done is done. We can't change a day of the past - but we can try our best to be a good role model from now on

D
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((dubs)))

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope it works out for her. I am glad to see you posting! Take care and know you're in my thoughts. Odd, I was just thinking about you and wondering how things were going.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 01-14-2010, 04:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

Be strong Dub and show your daughter that the right way to handle our problems is to face them head on and not run from them by getting loaded.
If she really gets that lesson maybe something good can come from this. Maybe it is a lesson we can all use.
Good luck and be optimistic that things will turn out.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
dont know where to start. my beautiful 18 yr old daughter has got herself into a big (really big) jam by hanging out with wrong peeps, I sure did when i was 18- some may have an idea. i am going day by day.....working 12 hr days and love my work, but man this is taking a toll. i know thats vague, but - i guess the message is we are all struggling, just when things start to get good for me (the alchoholic- no one else is- alcohol anyway), i get a brick wall.. time to get tough with myself. not even sure why i posted this. i am pretty depressed - and never have been. But i shall continue to try.
dub
Hang in there My Friend.. The Starting Point is Often The Hardest Part.. Be Good To Yourself And Stay Sober!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dub,

Be there for your daughter Dedub.