Notices

Blasts from the past

Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blasts from the past

So a friend on facebook posted and tagged me in a bunch of pictures from my high school graduation party.

Guess what I had at the said party? A keg. Yes, I started early. It is amazing to me how many people drank in high school besides myself though. It makes me wonder how many are alcoholics.

Anyone else do facebook? It is highly addictive.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I've been on Facebook for a few months and enjoy it. It's been a fun way to keep up with the daily happenings of family members as well as old friends and my fellows in recovery.

Yeah, most of my old photos show me with a beer can in hand. Or wearing one of those stupid helmets that holds two cans of beer and has the tubes leading to my mouth. And then there's a pic of me passed out in the back of a jeep, I'm wearing a coconut bra, my face is painted brown, and someone stuck my hand down my grass skirt. Me and some of the guys were cheerleaders at the local waitress Olympics, that was our get-up.

Good times. Well, not really. It got much uglier as the years rolled on and my drinking progressed.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Date 12/21/09

My long lost brother and sister found me on facebook. So have a few old boyfriends that I miss. Good stuff!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
20/12/09

I love FB, I go on there at the same time I come on here, its like being multi tasked and catching up on both at the same time.

I make sure I check the pictures and not too many with drinks in hand or horrid pics, luckily!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by bananagrrrl View Post
Anyone else do facebook? It is highly addictive.
facebook, twitter, myspace... and the list goes on where I'm at ...LOL.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
20/12/09

How do you keep up Zen?
Old 01-13-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Ive got an interest in HTML/CSS coding. I like to alter the web-pages at the ones that allow customizing like MySpace and some other pages I have. Then I bop around on the web keeping close with old and new friends alike.

Then I go to meetings and make friends there. Well some friends there...I am a odd sort of fellow in real life. So I do seem to be a challenge at meetings...LOL...Its all good for the most part cause I have made some real good friends outside of the AA meetings. These are my friends...we help each other...it is good that I have found them as they have found me...past my oddball demeanor.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living in the moment!

I love FaceBook.....I have been on about 2 years!! For a while, it was my only social network!! I am amazed at all the classmates that I am friends with now.....like about 45, that is crazy!! I can still feel the same vibes I felt in school with some of them!! LoL!!

Most of my pictures are of my kids, traveling, diving or quilting......all the things I love!!