Feeling more empowered this evening

Old 01-07-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling more empowered this evening

I already typed this once, but lost it so here I go again...
I spoke on one of my best friends who is a lawyer today. She said that she would get me a protective order at any time all I had to do was call. She also offered me her services for anything else I might need. Thank goodness for great friends. Also, AH's bizarre behavior today really took me by surprise. When he does something, or I read something that is so "text book" it amazes me that it so predictable of behavior. So that said he really really scared me for the first time today, the "wild" look in his eye as he was yelling and grabbing me I had not seen before. Kind of reconfirms my decisions. So, I actually have been able to find my inner peacefulness this evening and enjoy my children! I will be calling that hotline tomorrow....but my kids had a snow day today, and are all over me so can't get away! Thank you all for your kind words and support....I really appreciate it. One step at a time to better days ahead!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good for you! and do call...it will bring you more knowledge and serenity!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank goodness; i think you will feel empowered when you take action. unfortunately, you need to be on high alert at this time - listening for car doors, knowing your house is locked, etc. and that your phone is nearby at all times.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you that is exactly what I was thinknig.....he did scare me....and he is "over the top" at this time. I usually am pretty lax at remember lock up at night because of where I live....but that did occur to me today!! THANKS!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Seeking Serenity

People...there is a very thin line between love and hate. Taking that into consideration along with the very defective mind of an alcoholic...it's a recipe for disaster. You can not be to careful.

Mine came after me with a knife. I felt the blood rush from my face and out my body. His eyes were wild and I truly thought in that moment...he was going to use it on me. I didn't turn my back to him all night.

What I also learned from other episodes like this is to never let my cell phone or house phone out of my hands. I kept the cell phone or the house phone in my pocket. I am totally serious. That way I didn't have to wonder where it was...just in case.

I also learned (from these types of episodes) that the minute I threated to call the police he backed way down. He is a chicken s--- coward that can only bully me. Otherwise he is a wimp. His alcohol made him the big man.

Real men don't treat their loved ones like this!!! Those of you with children...make sure they understand this behavior is not acceptable!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember once being so worried that ABF was going to take my car to go score, that I kept my keys down my pants (inside my underwear!)

Craziness. But I at least felt good knowing that I was taking some smart precautions.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Glad to hear you are alright; hope it goes well on the phone

Much love and hugs to you

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx