No Spousal Support for ME!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No Spousal Support for ME!!!

at least at this time. Imagine I was in surgery for torn muscles in my hip thinking this was an easy thing (and of course AH had been acting so sweet).

I find out that while I'm on my back he told the lawyers that I shouldn't get the support due to the fact there was no reason for me to leave!!! OMG... can we say lying sack of...... I've had to listen to my parents sing his praises with all the gifts he's been sending to their house and when I say that he hasn't dealt with the real issues I'm the bad guy!!!

Now I have to go to court and defend why I left!!! Since he was the saint and I'm the idiot... Did I mention how much I hate him!!! He feels he really doesn't have a drinking problem and he's going to continue to lie about the pot. After all he hasn't been caught.

Oh well... I knew the money would be an issue for him... I'll just keep praying. I've felt all along that God (my hp) helped me get out for a reason...Not for this... (Even knowing that there is a part of me that wants to cry...)
Old 01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

pot stays in your system for an incredibly long time. I think it stays in your hair indefinately. He can be tested, and proved a liar. I hope you are recovering well from your surgery.

one step at a time and remember, itis unlikely that what he and you deem "fair" will co-incide: that's true with any divorce, but much more so in the situations we are in.

forwarned is forarmed and all that.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No surprise to us, brundle. We've known for some time that he was selfish, deceptive, abusive, and a liar. But I'm sorry it took you by surprise

You have more than enough evidence to make a good legal case. Try not to worry about this until it's time. Have you talked to your attorney about your chances, and how to maximize them through documentation?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I swear I don't know how these guys sleep at night! Oh yeah, that's right.... they get wasted!!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all... My lawyer is getting stuff together for the case... I guess I'm most surprised that he would want me to go into a court under oath and say I left him due to drinking and pot use... it could hurt his career... Just shows how cocky and what kind of god complex he has that he feels he can say he's doing NOTHING and think he can get away with it...

Thanks again...
Old 01-07-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You hang in there, Brundle, and let your lawyer do your dirty work for you.
It's been a hard lesson for me to learn (even though I know it intellectually) that we don't all agree on what's "reasonable." I know it's arrogant on my part to thank I know what's reasonable, but I still think it's delusional on his part to say that it isn't.

(((hugs)))
Old 01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you're out of there, brundle. Icky.

Try to stay positive about this as often as you can. And let yourself cry if you need to. You should never have had to go through this.

Better days are coming.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I"m sorry you're disappointed Brundle. I pray you're resting and recovering nicely, despite his ass bag status.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My thought too... guess his lawyer is yet another dirt-bag who knows how to muck-up the system...
Old 01-08-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

You need a reason to divorce in some states.