Notices

Hi friends

Old 01-06-2010, 12:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi friends

Hi all,

I am a 26 year old aussie guy. I have know that I drink far too much for years, but I can't stop for anything more than a few days. I have never been able to cut back for a week, no matter how often I challenge myself to.

I lost 35 Kgs last year, but am putting it back on rapidly, I know that my drinking and opinion of myself are the causes. I am also stuggling with other personal issues, the only way I deal with them is to drink.

I have 2 or more bottles of wine a night, or a similar amount of beer. I have it when i get home from work if I feel low, or I have it to celebrate a good day too...

Any helpful words? I have waited far too long.

Thanks.
Chris
Old 01-06-2010, 01:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Welcome to SR, Aussieguy...

I'm sure people will be along to tell you how they did it... read and post as you will, learn from others on this and other posts and take from it all what you can apply to your life.

Stay around some, it can be done...
TB
Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chris

Good to have another Aussie here
You'll find a lot of support here.

Some members find the support they get here at SR is enough to help them quit - I was like that...

Others sometimes find they need face to face support - be that counselling or a recovery based group like AA or something.

SR was instrumental in helping me find what I needed and helped me work out my way to a life I could only dream of...hopefully we can do the same for you too

Welcome!
D
Old 01-06-2010, 02:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Aussieguy,

Another aussie here too. I'm only 6 days into being sober and there are a few others who are just finding there feet too. We can all learn from each other so I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Good going on losing the 35kg! I'm officially a fatty McFat from boozing, got about 15kg to shake off.

Shifty
Old 01-06-2010, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

mate..join in..great friends here..ozy
Old 01-06-2010, 04:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
20/12/09

Originally Posted by aussieguy View Post
Hi all,

I am a 26 year old aussie guy.

I have 2 or more bottles of wine a night, or a similar amount of beer. I have it when i get home from work if I feel low, or I have it to celebrate a good day too...

Any helpful words? I have waited far too long.

Thanks.
Chris
Welcome Chris - another new south wales person!

I have 17 days sober and there are sooo many newbies here that are going to be of great support and also the older members have so much wisdom and share often. Keep reading and posting.

You will need to work out for you what the best path to take is, no one can tell you that BUT what worked for me was starting here, doing ALOT of reading and posting questions and thoughts.

I then started to go to AA. The few things I need to remember is:

1. Dont pick up that first drink
2. Keep going to meetings, do as many as possible
3. Get a list of phone numbers for support.

Thats all it is for now. Take each day as it comes, dont pick up a drink and dont expect things to change overnight..

Stay in touch and welcome
Old 01-06-2010, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome to SR I use SR for my support to quit.
When I quit I made a list of all the good things I liked about drinking and all the bad things I hated about drinkingand as long as the things I hate outweigh the things I love I will not drink.
The ultimatum my wife gave me, which is at the top of the list, has been a great incentive too.