Thank you

Old 01-05-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you

I just wanted to take a second away from my usual posts to say Thank you to each and everyone here.

I have come absolute leaps and bounds since being here, and I attribute that to all of you who have been so incredibly supportive, informative and kind.

If I ever posted about my issues with ABF on a regular site (and I have!) all I recieve was replies upon replies telling me to get rid of him, kick him to the curb etc. And when I didn't do it, I had some people telling me that I was lucky that they didn't know where I lived or they would have called children's services on me for having this man in my children's lives etc.
At least here we all understand to some degree what the other person is going through. The people here do not judge the others, and I find constant comfort in other people's posts and the replies they get.

ABF is on day 5 of no drinking. If he's one of the few that can do this on his own then I'll be thrilled for him, and we can continue to work on us.
And I know that should he fail, I will have to step out of the relationship because I do not wish to be in a relationship with an active alcoholic. I know that it's because of this place, that I have found the strength to be able to say that, and I know that I'll be able to follow through.

I've learned so much! I still have a lot of learning to do so I'm not going anywhere! LOL I hope one day to be able to reply to each post I come across, with great wisdom and supportive words, just as each of you has done for me.

This truly is a wonderful place, I'm SO happy to have found SR.

ME --> :ghug3 <-- EVERYONE AT SR
Old 01-05-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thank YOU for your honesty! And the hug. Right back atcha pretty kitty..
Old 01-05-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Many long years ago, back in the mists of time before I had the barest clue what alcoholism was, I probably would have been one of those non-understanding people.

Boy did I ever get to learn what alcohol and it's consequences can do to "normal" folk, and has it ever taught me to be less judgemental of what I am ignorant about.

I wish you and your man all the best Elsie.

God bless
Old 01-06-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post

Boy did I ever get to learn what alcohol and it's consequences can do to "normal" folk, and has it ever taught me to be less judgemental of what I am ignorant about.

God bless
The longer I live, the more I realize I am ignorant about everything!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks Elsie!!! when I feel down you are strong for me, when you feel down I'm strong for you. I'm glad you are here and learning with all of us! Hugs!!