I made it through.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
work in progress

I made it through.

I am happy to report that in 2 minutes, I will have officially made it through day four of sticking to my boundaries.

I have not wavered, I have not called, I've sent no texts.

This is a "first" for Me and the longest I have gone without Him in ten years.

I did however, finally take down the Christmas tree, left the house for more than 2 hours and made it to a meeting.

OCD check...I have not gone on a cleaning rampage yet, I'm lucky to have gotten all the Christmas decor down and packed away for next year! Still working on getting my energy back.

I have cried on and off...but a lot less today than yesterday. My heart still hurts, but it's nothing compared to having to look into his eyes filled with "pills" and know that the man I love isn't in there... not to mention the being lied to and crazy making that goes along with it. That pulls on my heart more than being alone. And I ( and you all ) will keep reminding Me of that.

If this is a small taste of what "they" go through getting through one day at a time...My hats are off to all of you who have worked it out and stayed sober! It's not easy, but it's gonna be worth it.

Thanks to all who are following, and to those who may not be ready to part with their A's yet...you do live through it. At least for 4 days.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nothing changes if we don't change. Congradulation's I know it's hard with each small step it does get easier.