Feeling Better!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Better!

Since normally I just post when I am dealing with a particularly thorny practical or emotional issue as relates to my XAH, I thought it was only right that I post also to say that for whatever reason, in the last week or so, something has clicked with me emotionally I think and I actually am starting to feel better! Not so burdened! For the last few months, my XAH's pain is something I have been carrying on my own shoulders. I think I'm finally ready to let it down. I'm starting to really GET, in my heart as well as my head, that it is HIS choices that led him to where he is now, that I only ever asked of him to be a partner to me, someone who would work on his troubles with me and with our marriage goals in mind, and he would not do that, ever, so it is AOK for me to have divorced him. That I DO deserve happiness, and that I wasn't ever going to get it in that relationship, no matter how much I loved him, and I did. And that, while I hope and pray he chooses recovery for his sake and for the sake of dd, who would love a relationship with him, that it is HIS choice and HIS decision, and me coddling him like an infant is not the help that he needs. Hallelujah, I'm finally feeling a sense of relief and serenity. I just wanted to post this because it took me a WHILE to get here, and while I still feel I have mucho work to do, I am glad that I have finally gotten to the place where I don't feel like I'm carrying the weight of HIS ******-up world on my shoulders all the time.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi Mambo!!!

Excellent post, thank you!! Those "AHA" moments are so great, everything makes sense. I too go back and forth but I draw strength from SR, remember I had nothing to do with X problems and that it was wise to leave ASAP. I got a feeling we will get more of these moments as we continue to grow. Keep up the good work!!

I know your 2009 was tortured like mine, and finally... its ending, *****o !!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yay

YAY Mombo Queen! You go girl!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Wow. Letting go of that load must be such a relief! Way to go!!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Seeking Serenity

Originally Posted by Mambo Queen View Post
I'm starting to really GET, in my heart as well as my head, that it is HIS choices that led him to where he is now, that I only ever asked of him to be a partner to me, someone who would work on his troubles with me and with our marriage goals in mind, and he would not do that, ever, so it is AOK for me to have divorced him. That I DO deserve happiness, and that I wasn't ever going to get it in that relationship, no matter how much I loved him, and I did.
This was very powerful. When you break it down to those simple things...be a partner...work on himself...work on the marriage...is that too much to ask? No, I don't think so.

Good for you Mambo!!! Thanks for helping us see there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!

I can't wait to get there...