Thank you...

Old 12-26-2009, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you...

Thank you for being here tonight. I found this site a couple of hours ago and haven't stopped reading yet. I am the mother of a 32yo drug addict and did not know where to turn. For anyone else here who is new, please read the stickies at the top of these threads! The one titled "What Addicts Do" and the "Powerful Reading Posts" completely changed my perspective about my son. Thank you so much to all of you.....
Old 12-26-2009, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

please continue to "hang out" here. you will receive much support, and even more clarity as you do. just wanted to say "welcome"
Old 12-27-2009, 02:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Hunny, Welcome to SR. This place has kept me on my toes with dealing with drug addiction. There is so much to soak in and realize, learn and understand. Keep coming back and share your story with us if you like. My son is also an addict (cocaine)) that keeps trying to get it right.Its a tough journey when the addict has to give up all friends that drink and do drugs to get himself healthy. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 12-27-2009, 02:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Hunny.

This is the absolute BEST place to get help and know you are not alone!

It's sad any of us have to be on here, but this is what we have been dealt. We all know the questions, the confusion, the guilt, the doubt, the worry, the pain, etc....and especially, "Why is this happening to me?".

I just kicked my 20 year old daughter out again for drug use two days before Christmas. Previous to that, I was married to her Dad and dealing with his alcohol abuse. (I am now divorced from him.) So, I guess I have spent about 20 years dealing with addictive behavior and I learned how to be a perfect "enabler."

Keep coming back here for great advice, knowledge, love, and compassion. We all hurt. This is our kindred spirit.

Hugs to you.
Musicta
Old 12-27-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Hunny. I'm sorry you are having these painful issues with your son. I've been there, too. I hope you visit often -- this place is like a life vest keeping you afloat when you think you might drown in pain and confusion.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hi hunny, glad you found us and i'm sorry about your son. i'm a recovering addict but it was my husband of 23yrs that caused me to stumble upon this site, after 21yrs of this chaos, we are no longer together. his addiction was causing me my sanity. there is a lot of exp., strength and hope here, sr has literally been a sanity saver for me.

hope you stick around and keep posting. we are family here, helping each other. you and your son are in my prayers