Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

We have been having a wonderful time! It's our first year with X gone. I think my perspective on the holidays changed when I decided to do away with all of our old traditions and ask the kids what they wanted to do instead. They decided that instead of a big traditional dinner, they wanted to make sushi and cupcakes last night. We had so much fun! My 10yo thinks we should think of new things to do every year. I think that's a wonderful idea, and so in line with the idea of living in the moment. I actually felt so free this year. In the past, I have been a bit of a Martha about the holidays. I think I wanted to make everything perfect, because it was all so not perfect. I really did not miss X at all last night or this morning!

I did get a little chuckle yesterday, because he texted me to ask if he could borrow money. There's no time like Christmas Eve to realize that you spent all your money and job search time on a two-week long road trip with your new girlfriend and you can't buy your kids any gifts! Yeah, you can ask her for money. I had a shred of a moment where I felt bad for him and considered giving him a Wal-Mart gift card that I have, but I snapped back into reality pretty quickly and realized that he brought this all on himself, and that I am not there anymore to clean up his messes. He can borrow money from his girlfriend!

So yayyy!!! We're having a fantastic time without him!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good day, we've had a good christmas day too. Me and the lads spent the day at my mums with mum dad and my aunt, all 3 of the kids were so excited and giddy all day, it was great to see.
Unfortunately unlike you I did miss my A a bit, it's been a good day but a tough one in some other ways, but I missed him in a good way, remembering all the good times we had instead of the bad ones.

Happy christmas everyone! xx
Old 12-25-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

wanting, you and your kids rule!

yesterday I spent xmas in sweat pants reading a book. Bf was tired so we will have a
"xmas dinner" just some pasta and wine, tomorrow. No money for gifts either for us but I am having a blast playing with my cats. They do get new capnit toys!! Bf went to his home town so I got a day for myself, no going out, just taking out stuff I don't like, cleaning, listening to the Beatles. I did some yoga earlier after many weeks of not doing so!!

I love the idea of a less rigid celebration, its more special when you make it your own instead of trying to conform to the general idea of "what it should be like". There are no special dates, times, ways or recipes that are special to celebrate the love around us!!