on xmas roadtrip fr hell with AH

Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

on xmas roadtrip fr hell with AH

So I'm here in the car on the way to see AH's mom for xmas... If you read my pp you know the whole deal. I'm with DD and our dog for 13.5 hrs on the road, AH driving. I threatened him with leaving before the trip, and he's been super sweet since... Did not even drink in the hotel last night. I know this is a feeble, short-lived attempt at change, just enough to shut me up and keep me around. So I, of course, see right through it after all of the time spent reading here on sr. You guys are like my lifeline!! Just gotta get through this trip.. Then I can make my plans to get my DD and I the hell outta this sh*tty existence. I might be on here a bit over the nxt few daysjust to get through this trip without bursting into flames. He's ALWAYS comparing, I've noticed, he wants me to know that everything should be fair, like a child. I've been feeling really powerful lately since being w all of you on sr and reading your experiences, I've been detaching. Thing is, its been making this trip hell.. We are putting 1200 miles on MY vehicle because I don't smoke in it and I have DDs car seat in here.. Even though this is HIS trip. We took the dog bc he couldn't afford to board her, he waited to see if I would take care of it then just said, "well, guess we have to take her!" and she's stinking up my car and she's his gross ass dog. I just loathe him so much now that I've educated myself on alcoholism and codependancy. I feel like he's just riding me like a horse, f*cking every resource h can out of me, this sloppy, dirty, helpless shell of a man. I'm really struggling with my anger right noe. I've been short w him the whole trip and he knows somethings up. we have stopped like 8 times so that he can smoke his cigarettes, and he's all mean and antsy and short its like being in hell. Lord help me.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Question and one more thing..

he's always called me alot, but over the last week before this trip, he's been calling me like LITERALLY 8 times a day. What is that about?? My whole family thinks its really weird..
Old 12-23-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i know it's not funny, but the visual image of you all in the car with the dog going to visit his mother made me laugh. it's too much to handle!

as long as you're going, you might as well try to enjoy yourself, if possible.

perhaps headphones might help? you could chill out to some music then and not have to converse/deal with him. if you don't have any with you, you could always stop and get some.

as for the constant phone calling, mine did that too. it was weird, but then i figured out that it wasn't because he wanted to talk to me, it was so that he knew where i was, so he could plot his drinking/womanizing.

hang in there! and don't go with him next time!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Does your AH's mom know how bad his drinking problem is ?
That should make it easier.

I hope you and she get along well.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pretend he isn't there. Be selfish for you and enjoy the trip, but in your mind, flush him down the toilet.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Sounds like a wonderful way for you to say goodbye. Nothing like a cross country, hollywood style nightmare ride with a drunk to seal the deal.

Stay sane!