This is codependency, isn't it?

Old 12-23-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is codependency, isn't it?

ARGH

For about 2 weeks now I've been thinking about putting up a new pic of me on Facebook, and making it look "Christmasy" with a caption of "Merry Christmas Everyone"

Trouble is....I happen to like this pic of me. If I put it up, ABF will probably get upset with me, saying that I'm putting it up to fish for compliments or to show it off.

I haven't done it, I don't want to start something with him.
Just now I did it all up, using an online program, and clicked it off before saving it. I just don't want to start anything with him.

Me not doing it...that's codepency right??
Old 12-23-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mergirl

Wow. . .*hugs*

Be free! If your mother, best girl friend, sister or daughter was going through this, what would you tell them?

I used to be an emotional prisoner. I used to worry about how sad my (ex) would be if I did things to bring joy into my life. Now I follow the direction of my HP. The universe wants me to be joyful in joyful times, so I am.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
ARGH

For about 2 weeks now I've been thinking about putting up a new pic of me on Facebook, and making it look "Christmasy" with a caption of "Merry Christmas Everyone"

Trouble is....I happen to like this pic of me. If I put it up, ABF will probably get upset with me, saying that I'm putting it up to fish for compliments or to show it off.

I haven't done it, I don't want to start something with him.
Just now I did it all up, using an online program, and clicked it off before saving it. I just don't want to start anything with him.

Me not doing it...that's codepency right??
Rudolph with your nose so bright, wont you guide the sleigh tonight?
Please share your happiness and goodwill with all, if ABF gets upset that is how HE chooses to respond, not your problem.
Do it honey.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One of the reasons I left was I hated having to worry about every little thing making him made. I kept thinking why does he have this power? I would try not to give it to him but he would act like such a baby! The tantrums; so it was easier just not to do things; until I did nothing.

Even if everything he said was true...who cares?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ok

Ok, I did it!

Now I just have to sit and wait for the negative things he has to say.
Or maybe he'll surprise me and not say anything! Wouldn't that be nice!!??

Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If he says anything tell him Santa will be bringing him only coal this year...Sorry to make light of this... I understand it's awful just waiting on eggshells for them...

I hope all goes well... If you made yourself happy... that's what really counts...
Old 12-23-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elsie View Post

Now I just have to sit and wait for the negative things he has to say.

No you don't! If you can hold on to yourself, it doesn't matter if he says nice things or gets mad. That is none of your burden to bear. Don't sit and wait for anything. Get on with the beauty you are creating with your life in the world.
Wife