an affair to remember

Old 09-19-2003, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

an affair to remember

Hello Everyone!!

Just wanted to share: I've been working the steps, setting healthy boundaries and all...

Last night my AH caught me messing around on the computer. My 2 1/2 year old was in the room with me, I asked him nicely if he would put him to bed since I was going to spend a little more time on the computer.

All of a sudden out of nowhere he starts giving me this lip...about how I must be having an affair, and how I spend all this time on the computer and getting up an hour earlier, yea that's what it is your messing around, thats why you have this guilty look on your face!

I was taken completely off guard....Normally I would have flown off the handle and accomplished nothing.

I told him I was not having an affair, but took that as a complement.

This morning I left him a note, told him about my chat friend and that since he was making an effort to change for the first time in years. I thought I would do the same and work on my bad habit of getting up at the last minute. Youv'e always told me that if I was to get up earlier I wouldn't have to rush the kids and myself, which puts everyone in a very bad mood.

Yes, that's right I'm taking care of me! But willing to meet him 1/2 way and work on my faults, Lord nows I have many of my own.

I feel like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders.

Thank You SR.

Take Care ((((HUGS))))
Cindy
Old 09-20-2003, 05:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

**********{Cindy}}}}}

Taking care of you!! Way to go

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 09-20-2003, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mamasmitty

I know how you feel! If I am clicking through some stuff on the internet, or answering an email and have just clicked it , and he walks in the room and sees the screen change, (you know how there is always a delay while the mail sends before the screen changes) he makes this little scoffing sound like I am clicking the window down to hide something from him! He is so parinoid!!!!!

Old 09-20-2003, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

G always says to me "Gee, it's good to see that you're spending some quality time with your husband"... GUILT, GUILT, GUILT...
Meg