Notices

Night Out

Old 12-18-2009, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Night Out

Hey people,

Tomorrow night should be interesting, out with friends who will undoubtedly be trying to get as drunk as possible. The friends I talk about know I have had serious problems in the past but it's still hard not to be tempted. When I do drink now, I can stop, but I know it's still not healthy to think that way because I always feel I can slip back into what I used to be.

I don't know why I'm posting this really because I'm not looking for an answer, just venting I suppose!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Silence
Are you still on the moderation thing then?

Hope it works out for you tomorrow night.
D
Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just got back from a similar night out with my friends (went to a basketball game). They were all drinking and smoking weed and one of them was using oxy (my DOC). To be honest I wasn't really tempted that badly at the game since I just paid attention to the game instead of the drinking, etc. Afterwards they went to the bars and I came home. Not much point in going to the bars if I'm gonna be sober and they're *********. It's gonna be difficult in the long run though because a lot of what my friends do is go to bars and parties and drink. I need to find some new activities to do with them that don't involve drinking/using...
Old 12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You went to the game with them!

I have some friends and other relationships where there is drinking during and after... I still see them occasionally for the "during" phase, but not for the "after"... It's all good.

Mark
Old 12-18-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back Silence
Are you still on the moderation thing then?

Hope it works out for you tomorrow night.
D
Hey Dee, I'm impressed by your memory! I'll chalk it up to sobreity.

Yeah I have been taking it moderately, hopefully gradually phasing it out. I feel it depends a lot on my moods aswell, sadly the voice is still there.

Originally Posted by skroomadoom View Post
Just got back from a similar night out with my friends (went to a basketball game). They were all drinking and smoking weed and one of them was using oxy (my DOC). To be honest I wasn't really tempted that badly at the game since I just paid attention to the game instead of the drinking, etc. Afterwards they went to the bars and I came home. Not much point in going to the bars if I'm gonna be sober and they're *********. It's gonna be difficult in the long run though because a lot of what my friends do is go to bars and parties and drink. I need to find some new activities to do with them that don't involve drinking/using...
Originally Posted by Cubile75 View Post
You went to the game with them!

I have some friends and other relationships where there is drinking during and after... I still see them occasionally for the "during" phase, but not for the "after"... It's all good.

Mark
The night will be completely involving going around pubs/bars so you can understand my concern! I've done this a couple of times before and just drank coke, it ain't easy though. The part I've found hard in the past is just having one or two drinks and feeling fine like I can control it... until I get home, then it'll become two, three, four etc.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL my memory is pretty good here, but sometimes I have to check back on peoples posts to make sure of my facts

I dunno what to tell you really Silence - the only thing that ever worked for me to break that friends cycle, and the after drinking at home, is abstinence.

But it took me a long time to accept that - if thats your end choice, I hope you get there faster than I did

D
Old 12-18-2009, 09:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
LOL my memory is pretty good here, but sometimes I have to check back on peoples posts to make sure of my facts

I dunno what to tell you really Silence - the only thing that ever worked for me to break that friends cycle, and the after drinking at home, is abstinence.

But it took me a long time to accept that - if thats your end choice, I hope you get there faster than I did

D
I can only hope we are different, as I would love to always to be able with my friends when they go for a drink. Of course, I could well be posting here in 2012 with a fatter liver and a lower life expectancy rate through my social choices. :p

It's nice to be able to come here and talk to people about it though, it's amazing how people who don't go through it can still push drink at you and not understand the damage they're doing.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah most of my drinking buds didn't get it at all in my case, which is why I had to make the break. My real friends stuck by me though - they're just glad I'm not dead.

Come back and keep us updated with what happened, Silence
D