intro

Old 09-18-2003, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

intro

I'm so glad i found this forum. Many of the messages could have been written by me. My AH is a Desert Storm Vet and was abused as a child. I really think he has Ptsd, and uses the alcohol to make him forget.
I have started to do the boundary thing, and it makes me feel a lot better about myself and be a better Mother. I also got my hair cut really short, I know he doesn't like it, but this was for me.
We used to argue a lot about his drinking, but since I just talk about necessary things with him he tries to be nicer, but he is still drinking. So hopefully he'll get the message it will be either my way or the highway, well i will leave.
Thanks for being there
Old 09-19-2003, 01:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello sleepless,

I am so glad that you found this place too! It has helped alot of people and I am one of them. Since I've been working alot I have not been here as much as I would like. When I do visit I always leave felling stronger! Just know that you cannot make your husband stop drinking. he has to want to do that on his own. Doing positive things for yourself is the key. Getting your hair cut was a super thing to do for yourself. If you feel better about yourself than getting through each day is that much easier. Keep coming back and read the daily Alanon readings. They are a great help!!

Take care,
matters
Old 09-19-2003, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Sleepless!
You sounds exactly like me. My AH is retired Navy SEAL who was also abused as a child. He says his childhood made him who he is today and he is grateful for it...not sure who he's trying to convince.

My husband hates short hair and bangs, but about a month and a half ago, I said screw it and got it cut and absolutely love it! It's given me more confidence to have my own identity. He ended up liking it, which is good, but now there are many things about me he doesn't like, because I am changing.

Keep coming back. This forum definitely helps! It helps me to keep my sanity and it's a great place to vent to people who know what you are going thru. AND it is ALWAYS here, no matter what time, day or night.

Here's a big hug for you!!! Hope to keep seeing you here!
Kitkat
Old 09-19-2003, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Sleepless!!!

What is it with men and the hair.....Mine loves long hair too and this I just cut mine all off too....Maybe that says something about all of us....we are doing something that makes us happy!!

This is a great place to come and share and get strength and opinions. I hope that you find what you need!

Blessings,
Constant