Notices

dedubya checking in

Old 12-14-2009, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dedubya checking in

Hey everyone
Haven't posted in a while and thought I would. I have been struggling with my sobriety since my rehab in May...my drinking is a lot less than b4 rehab but I did start back around July with a small amount couple of days a week- we all know how that ends up. I have taken all of Christmas week off of work (which I was blessed with- it basically keeps my alive because I can't drink...). Anyway I have made the decision to stop and go through the detox this weekend, I have dr meds so I am ready, and a bit scared. I remember the first one and it was awful. I wonder if this detox will be easier than May since I drink so much less than when I went in May. Who knows.....I only know that I will feel like a different person after I get this crap over with. My happiest days of the last few years have been that time from May to July when I was sober. I want that back. Wish me luck!!!
Hope everyone is doing great- I am with the exception of this wall I am preparing to break down.
Dubs
Old 12-14-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

WHy wait til this weekend? Get your detox over with now and start again on living sober. Glad you've got medical help in getting thru it. Do it now. No time like the present.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do it now. No time like the present.
In general I would agree, but I think that dedubya has planned this out the right way.
Work has saved me from drinking myself to death too and you are functioning. You've got medical help and you are taking time off to detox. I think it's almost perfect planning.
Good luck and we'll be thinking of you. Let us know how you are getting along.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Saphie View Post
In general I would agree, but I think that dedubya has planned this out the right way.
Work has saved me from drinking myself to death too and you are functioning. You've got medical help and you are taking time off to detox. I think it's almost perfect planning.
Good luck and we'll be thinking of you. Let us know how you are getting along.

You're right Saphie. I hadn't thought of that.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Dude...

I watched The Big Lebowski last week, couldn't help thinkin' about you.

Good luck with your detox... Probably will be easier if you drink a lot less. Hang in there!

Mark
Old 12-14-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so glad to see you posting Ddub!I missed you!
And I agree, it's a fantastic plan and I really hope it works for you! I hope you make it through with less withdrawals and less pain, but if you get a lot of pain and suffering, remember it's all worth it anyway! You'll be a better person and feel more free.
I am praying for you and rooting for you! Please stay in touch!