We_Have_Greater_Things_To_Do

Old 12-10-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

We_Have_Greater_Things_To_Do

I"m writing a memoir and the gist of it is how my sisters and I lived through our abusive early years and what paths of recovery we've taken.

This morning I realized that all these entanglements with our A's keep us from acheiving magnificent things. I've known this all along, and attribute that to being a Leo. We're pretty dramatic, like to be the center of attention and The Sun is our ruling planet. Shining light and warmth on folks. We like ourselves and each other and know that we're meant for great things.

I wish that for all of you. I pray the folks who are still entangled in those messy, confusing, debilitating relationships with alchoholics will see how it is a distraction.

We are meant to do Great Things. Raising happy, healthy, strong children. Being a force of positive goodness in our communities, our familes of choice. You don't have to be Mother Theresa to have an amazing impact on others.

And that's what we really want, as Codies. To help and love others.

We can. Just not with the partners we're currently with. There is an ocean of other relationships out there, folks we can trust, have mutual respect with.

Blindness is one of the side effects of codependance. Sometimes intentional. But once we can see, it becomes a choice.

Move along. Nothing to see here. The future is bright and just ahead.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

You are soooooooooooo right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize I am afraid of living miserably or depressed ... but what I am really TERRIFIED OF is the possibility of being happy and living a fulfilled life !! WTF

Once I saw an Oprah show.. and an African girl from her school said "you are an individual, so, be an individual... don't fit!" Very wise words... many times people around are surrounded by negativity and pessimism but you can be totally happy and excited about... nothing LOL and no.. you don't have to become someone else or share any other feeling.

It rules to learn what freedom really means.