I need a shoulder to lean on.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need a shoulder to lean on.

The good news is, a week from now, my boys and I will be moving into our Winter home and will only see AH when he visits on weekends for the next 4 months.

The bad news is... I have so much to do and so much stress, all I want to do is hide under the blankets. AH is VERY actively drinking again. He's so argumentative and volatile, I can't talk talk to him about the simplest of things. I went to the neurologist yesterday and she's ordered a spinal tap because, after nearly a year of doctors visits and MRIs, multiple sclerosis is high on the list of possibilities. Can I talk to AH about it? Not if I'm looking for a shoulder to lean on. Meanwhile, I still have a lot of packing to do, Christmas to get ready for, life to live... and I just want to hide under the blankets.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

nothappy, sending you hugs and strength to get through this. Prayers going up that your spinal tap goes by quickly and that the results are not what you're fearing.

I developed neurological symptoms when still living with my XA. They blew away within weeks after I removed myself permanently from that grinding stress and horror. I am hoping this will happen for you as well.

Thinking of you
Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I experienced the same miraculous disappearance of physical ailments when I left AH in early september. And guess what? When I moved back in last week to finish off the house and get the rest of my stuff moved, they returned! Amazing.

Sending you Ripley strength!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think I'm less afraid of MS than the spinal tap itself. I've had back problems most of my life and they've just gotten worse over the years. The MRI of my spine showed what I've been trying to tell doctors for years. The MRI of my brain didn't rule out MS but I still think all my neurological symptoms can be blamed on my spine (and stress and getting older). And even if I do have MS, I don't think MS could throw worse at me than my back has. But, I really don't want a spinal tap or the drama that comes with it. I have too much to do right now.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Nothappy))

So glad to hear you will be in a less stress environment soon - that will be wonderful for you and the boys.

Hope that when AH visits things will be a little less drama!!

Also is it possible to hold off on the medical testing until the Holiday season -maybe give you some time to Breath and mentally prepare for it - Maybe you could talk to your Dr about it. Explain what you are going thru right now?

Hope the less stress will help you feel better physically!!

Take good care of YOU!!!
HUGS,
Rita