My First Post Introduction

Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My First Post Introduction

Hi,

I found this site and hope to gets some ideas.

My beautiful daughter is an alcoholic. She is 40, and she's been beaten so many times because of alcohol, in wrecks, and wakes up in strange rooms with men.

Her kidneys are weak from it.
She goes into bars and is getting in trouble sexually.

I pray, I plead, and feel such anquish. I love my daughter, and am afraid for her life at this point.

I don't know what to do.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I am so sorry for what has brought you here. Know that you are not alone in dealing with a loved one with an addiction problem and not alone as a mother that loves her child beyond belief, but isn't able to help her.

Has she ever tried to stop? Ever been to treatment? AA?

Have you ever been to AlAnon?

My father was an alcoholic and my 29 yr old son is a drug addict. My father is in a memory care facility due to dementia/alzheimers (been there just over a month). My son has about 5 weeks left at a recovery house - 5 months clean as of today. He doesn't have anywhere to live when he is done there.

I attend AlAnon and NarAnon - the face-to-face support is a life saver - they can't solve my problems, but they can support & love me as I try to live my life without enabling my son.

Others will be along to welcome you and support you soon. I just wanted to let you know - we are here for you and hear your love & pain.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You obviously love her. That's all you can do. Alcoholism is a terrible thing, as terrible as any illness I can think of. As a mom of tweenage boys, I can only imagine how hard it would be to see one of my children be consumed by it. But, as they say, "you didn't cause it, you can't control it and you can't cure it."
Old 12-08-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Family!

You will find lots of support and information here. I agree with the recommendation for local Alanon meetings as well as reading here at SR. There are other parents here with children addicted to alcohol.

Please pull out your keyboard and make yourself at home.

((hugs))