you guys were right.....

Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

you guys were right.....

well i guess everyone on this website were right.... he did relapse.... he's saying he only did it one time .. but i know he is lying....
im trying to find a room that i can rent... its hard....
but i guess it would be better for me to leave now then keep hoping that he will change and that it was the last time...
his excuse was that me and his mom kept pushing on him that he was high and one night he said ill show u high... so apparently he went and got high..... it just proves that he is not serious about his recovery.....
Old 12-05-2009, 12:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

his excuse was that me and his mom kept pushing on him that he was high and one night he said ill show u high... so apparently he went and got high..... it just proves that he is not serious about his recovery.....
Translation =

his excuse was blah blah blah
Sweetie, I am sorry he's using but it is what it is, and of course he blames you and your mother, and maybe the dog or the neighbour or the guy who cut him off in traffic...that's what addicts do. The alternative would be to take responsibility for themselves and it's just easier to blame anyone else.

I think you are wise to make plans to distance yourself from this. Addiction is a progressive disease and gets worse as time goes on, unless they get serious about their recovery and even then there are no guarantees.

Just know that we're walking with you here, and we care.

Hugs
Old 12-05-2009, 01:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((DreamAngel))

Ann is right. I'm an RA and there is NO ONE who can make me use, except myself, and believe me, I've been through some pretty stressful stuff.

I'm glad you are putting some distance between you and taking care of you. Remember...the 3 c's, (didn't cause it, can't change it, can't cure it) and that his using really has nothing to do with you. Although it greatly affects you, it's not something he did "at" you...it's just what we addicts do unless we find recovery.

I left my A behind and even though I'm an RA and understand all about the addiction stuff, it still hurt. I did a LOT of lurking here, then signed on and the support helped me tremendously. You are definitely not alone.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-05-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi DreamAngel. Sorry he relapsed. I know how much it hurts when you believe in someone again, and they let you down. It's not your fault. Addicts will find any reason to use as long as they want to use. We are just not that powerful to "make" another person use drugs. Glad you have a plan. Keep reading and posting. We are here to walk along beside you.