Paranoia

Old 12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Paranoia

Things are going well. There have been few calls, and the ones that have occured have been short. There are no more emails. There are a few texts, all of them related to visitation. DD is sleeping better. I get to rest some evenings.

We had another ok visit last night, facilitated by me, of course. I brought DD over by car around 5 p.m. XAH played with her, read to her, fed her, changed her, and was all around Mr. Super Dad. He didn't drink, nor was there any alcohol in the fridge. Her "room" was dusty but tidy. Around 6:15 p.m., she started getting cranky. She'd been up since 4:00 a.m. that day, so I knew she was pooped. XH suggested I take her home early, because "the roads are bad" and because she was cranky. I didn't immediately give in and leave because I knew traffic would be bad if we left earlier than 6:30. At 6:45, when DD was really cranky, I took her home. The evening afterwards went well, and she slept all through the night.

Again today, there was only 1 call, business related.

So, overall, things are going "well". We still don't have a custody agreement hammered out, and we're still in mediation. My lawyer hasn't returned my calls or emails in over a week, so I'm thinking I need another lawyer, but I don't know how to find someone else...I might not need a lawyer after all though. I'm starting to get the feeling that XAH might accept my having physical custody if he gets "enough" access rights. Things are going well...and yet, I feel ridiculously paranoid right now. I feel as though something is going to come up behind me and bite me in the butt. Every day, I wonder if XAH isn't going to pull something or if this whole SuperDad thing is just an act...Why can't I just be happy that things are quiet right now?

WTH?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

trust your intuition on this one.

you need a good lawyer and a formal agreement, methinks.

mine used to calm down until i was back in his net. then it all started over again, full force plus some.

it's a tactic. don't fall for it.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Naive! Learn to trust your instincts and act accordingly....besides, it is far better to be safe (and paranoid) than sorry. Yes, you absolutely need an attorney and one that answers your emails or calls within 24 hours. If you ask around (friends, neighbors, relatives, co-workers) you should be able to find an a decent one. Maybe there are divorce-related message boards you can visit and you can ask around there ..?

I am so glad that things are calm now, but please don't let your guard down - ok?