Thanks for my ex...

Old 12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks for my ex...

The last week was an emotional rollercoaster for me. I got to the point where I knew I had to do something, but just couldn't figure out what. Then it came to me... and it has made quite the attitude adjustment. Since it was Thanksgiving time, some friends on FB were doing a kind of gratitude/"what are you thankful for" daily post until Thanksgiving. As I started doing it, I started applying it to my feelings for my exABF. This is what I got...

1) I am thankful your behavior has shown me I have the strength to endure and grow

2) I am thankful that you have reminded me of my worth

3) I am thankful that because of your behavior, you have really made me see how important it is to value those who stand by me, have integrity, and the maturity to love and respect me as I am.

4) I am thankful that you have shown me I have some inner work to do and pushed me into doing it

5) I am thankful to you for making me want to be a better person and never ever treat anyone the way you have treated me.

6) I am thankful I don't have addiction or money problems. Seeing how they have affected you is enough for me.

7) I am thankful that you have shown me that I want to surround myself with really good quality people.

8) I am thankful that you have given me the sight now to recognize real love when I see it....and mostly when I FEEL it.

9) I am thankful that I feel my feelings and can deal with them in a mostly healthy way (still working on this one).

10) Most of all, thank you for showing me what real love is......and more importantly, what it is NOT!

This is just the start of my list. It has already improved my attitude 100%...
Old 12-04-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I second that. I need to steal that idea!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

this is such a great thank you list!!! I may print it and post it to my refridgerator as a reminder. Just great, thank you for this!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you guys liked it that much! And feel free to continue adding on. I've found that any time my mind starts going down that road, I reread this list and then add on...

It really stops me in my tracks...

And I live in CO. Did I mention how cold it is here?