Ran into an old acquaintance recently

Old 12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ran into an old acquaintance recently

It has been over 10 years since I've seen an old acquaintance. He told me that my former friend who I walked away from a few years ago told him I was crazy. I had to chuckle to myself because I walked away from our friendship because all she did was party and was going to swing clubs with her husband. If that makes me crazy, then I must be the craziest person to step foot on the planet earth. I never knew years and years ago until recently that she blamed me for all her shenanigans growing up. Her parents thought I was a bad influence. It's funny what comes out after you walk away.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

UGh!!!! How timely this post is!!!

I'll hijack now

I had a friend for many many years, we grew up together. Her parents and I were very close, etc. Well, I moved, she moved life went on. I met back up with her years later, and OMG.

She's (in my opinion) a horribly dysfunctional mother, her husband was an (admitted) alcoholic, he passed away a few years ago.

But, the big thing is the kids. What a mess. The youngest is a few years older than my daughter. To give you an idea - the girl at age 12? wore those thong underwear that go above the waistline of your pants/dress to her own fathers funeral. I found out that her Mother bought them for her. She steals, stole from me also. She went to juvie for trying to burn a local house down, got sent to the public school for trouble kids, etc.

I found out yesterday, she's now got a baby girl and never finished school.

Anyway - I can't bear the thought of even having to speak to my old friend. I just can't. And why is that? Why can't I just kinda whatever my way through that?

She used to ask my advice on the problems with her daughter, but would get angry when I told her basically "you keep blaming teachers/principals/anyone else but her and you". So I stopped discussing it with her of course, which made her angry. LOL.

It is just so yucky.