Notices

Another_pro_for_sobriety

Old 12-03-2009, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another_pro_for_sobriety

I got up at 4 a.m. as usual. Half an hour later we had a power cut as it's really stormy today and we live in the sticks. So I got ready real quick and went to a 24 hours Walmart to finish my Christmas shopping before work.
Then I bought breakfast and donuts for everybody. Would I have done that in my drinking days? Absolutely not. I would still be nursing a hangover in the dark. I feel great, I feel I've actually achieved something, even if it was just beating the crowds on Saturday. I'm posting this for all of you that might still be struggling in very early recovery. I does get so much better and I can't wait for the moment when I'm not thinking about not drinking so often.
That must be the moment of 'as good as it gets'. I just had to share this.
Thanks.
PS: For all you Ladies: Putting on make up in candle light is not such a good idea. Take it from me
Old 12-03-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

This was great to read this morning! You said you would have been nursing a hangover, and I'd be having some "hair of the dog". I know what you mean about obsessing over not drinking. I did that for the first few months. Nice to have those thoughts on the back burner and to be living in the moment more.

(We had wicked storms too down here in Maryland - there were even tornado warnings. Dogs up all night howling.)
Old 12-03-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You finished your Christmas shopping ?
Show off LOL

Great post - thanks Saphie
D